So.. guitar leads: Are you a Strap Wrapper or a Dangler?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• equalsql said:
    Some no nos..

Ewww, that's like an 'outie' belly button! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    equalsql said:
    What's your normal cabling procedure, do you let it just dangle from the guitar or do you route it between your strap and guitar body to prevent it being pulled out?
    I'm the latter  :)

If I'm using my G10 Relay wireless it doesn't apply. If I'm using a guitar cable then at gigs the latter always, but  at home I'm happy to dangle.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1099
    Just reminded me I did have a bass player step on my lead mid song once. Jack plug snapped off in the guitar (acoustic with endpin jack). I didn't realise at first, I knew something had happened but I thought maybe I'd just been turned down in the monitor. Fortunately no damage to the guitar so I was lucky! Not a great feeling though. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6832
    Just reminded me I did have a bass player step on my lead mid song once. 
    If a bass player did that to me, I'd take revenge by putting one of his strings out of tune. I'd then make him beg me to tell him which one it was. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1099
    @merlin good call but in the case of that particular bassist I'm not sure if he would have noticed...
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 885
    I'm only a home-player but I still ensure that cables are through-strap or between strap and guitar body. I also prefer 90-degree jacks.

As I play standing or walking around most of the time, even with a 10-foot lead I can get tangled and I've had a couple of near misses  ... one with my hollow body.