Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Western Jam 7th October 2023 @ Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6921
    I’m pretty good with those, some are a big rougher than others, but will be good enough on the day to not put anyone off ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do we need another roll call to confirm who's coming, so we know the number of participants?

I'll be there 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2205
    edited October 2023
    Here's a song list with the coloured fill removed. That's to save on my printer ink, when I create copies to bring to the jam.

The grey fill shows where there are empty roles now.

Watch out for the following song keys, which I believe are at the request of @bobblehat who's doing vocals on them.

Talk Dirty To Me: the guitars are tuned down a semitone on the original, so you'll need to tune down if you want to play it as if it's in G

Fortunate Son: It's in A, which is a tone higher than the original

Lil Devil: It's down a semitone  That makes it in the key of C#. So you'll need to tune down if you want to play it as if it's in D

I'll be bringing a guitar tuned down a semitone, if anyone want to borrow it. 

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1731
    edited September 2023
    Great stuff guys - I'll also need to do some learning I'm quite excited and very nervous too! I don't often play out with anyone in the real world!

Is the group chat sorted for payment as yet @roberty ;- I'm not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place!

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    Haven't done it yet @Bennyboy-UK ;

Have I missed anyone?
    1. Jonathangus
    2. bobblehat
    3. roberty
    4. mrkb
    5. mart
    6. Neilybob
    7. guitargeek62
    8. Vibetronic
    9. Bennyboy-UK
    10. Brocco
  • roberty said:

Have I missed anyone?
    1. Jonathangus
    2. bobblehat
    3. roberty
    4. mrkb
    5. mart
    6. Neilybob
    7. guitargeek62
    8. Vibetronic
    9. Bennyboy-UK
    10. Brocco

I think that's all the names listed in the song list roles, apart from me :)

It's not a competition.
  • I shall be there!  Andy may also pop along in a non-drumming, taking pics and filming, and generally being sociable role, too.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

roberty said:

Have I missed anyone?

I think that's all the names listed in the song list roles, apart from me :)

Lol I'm sure I wrote you down. I will send a group message out in a bit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2023
    Any takers for roles on the following, otherwise I'll knock them off the list on Monday morning (2nd October)?

29: That's Entertainment
    30 : Maybe Tomorrow

It's not a competition.
    I can pretty much play and sing that's entertainment. Might as well throw it on the pile 
    edited September 2023
    roberty said:
    I can pretty much play and sing that's entertainment. Might as well throw it on the pile 
    Agreed, I’ll take any rest time I can get
    Does anyone know "More than Words"
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

I shall be there!  Andy may also pop along in a non-drumming, taking pics and filming, and generally being sociable role, too.
    Would be good to see him. And if he fancies doing a song on the day I’m happy to pass over the drum stool.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited September 2023
    roberty said:
    I assume @mart is OK with bass on that one, as he suggested it. If so, that means we've got enough roles to play it as a non-drumming song.

It's not a competition.
  • Any takers for roles on the following, otherwise I'll knock them off the list on Monday morning (2nd October)?

29: That's Entertainment
    30 : Maybe Tomorrow

The Maybe Tomorrow chord sequence is  Eb, Cm, Gm and F (repeats over and over). The track could be done singer songwriter style if  if someone is up for that, or if we have a volunteer for vox I can provide guitar (but in a way would prefer not to as I am already down for quite a few tracks).

• Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.

It's not a competition.
    Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.
    You might need to give me the nod when the solo ends, I keep losing count as it’s so long!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Nobody's down for 2nd guitar on La Grange, so I'm happy to do it while @roberty is soloing, unless anyone else wants to do it.
    You might need to give me the nod when the solo ends, I keep losing count as it’s so long!
    Happy to wing it here lol

An extra guitar player will make my singing life a bit easier @stratman3142 ;
    Do we need a bass amp?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    roberty said:
    I assume @mart is OK with bass on that one, as he suggested it. If so, that means we've got enough roles to play it as a non-drumming song.

I can play That's Entertainment, either on bass or guitar - two guitars might work best?
    roberty said:
    Do we need a bass amp?
    I'll be bringing my tiny bass amp along, so it depends if everyone is happy to use that or if anyone wants a bigger/different sound.
  • mart said:
    roberty said:

I can play That's Entertainment, either on bass or guitar - two guitars might work best?
    I'll merge the cells for bass, guitar and 2nd guitar together for 'That's Entertainment', then you can choose what you want to do on the day.

It's not a competition.