The Stones and Brian Jones

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    I watched it, was very good, so sad that he was so insecure. He was a bit of a twat as well though.
    I haven't watched the BBC one yet, just the Netflix one, and I have to say that in that he came across as a colossal and totally self-centred bellend. In fact, his apparent sense of being able to do and get anything he wanted because of his natural charm, and the trail of kids by random women he left behind, reminded me very much of a musical Boris Johnson.

Clearly a hugely talented musician as well in the sense of being able to get great sounds and melodies from a wide variety of instruments, but as Funkfingers said not an innovator or a writer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    I’d like to think that if he were around today he would have been diagnosed with BPD/EUPD and got the help he needed to fly straight . He was such a talented bloke and the stones lost a lot when he crashed imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3327
    ICBM said:
    reminded me very much of a musical Boris Johnson.
    Quote of the week! Love this, tea almost came out my nose! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Musicwolf said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    CaseOfAce said:
    It's clear Wyman was the closest friend Jones had in the band - I know he's old now but you wouldn't recognise him if you passed him in the street these days!
    Holy bollocks!  I just Googled Wyman - he's unrecognisable!
    If he dyed his hair he'd get back in the band no problem :lol:
    I had to Google... I think he's still recognisable, he's just got a bit podgy, like most old men.  He'd look a bit out of place in the Stones now because they're all so scrawny... all those years of appetite suppressants, perhaps.
    He is 86 after all.  Done pretty well to get this far all things considered.

I'm embarrassed to say I thought he had died years ago. With so many of the 1960's cohort in their 80s, It's difficult to remember which ones are still around. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Brian would have been better off leaving the Stones at the point of Mick and Keith’s take over. Possibly would’ve been better for him doing his own thing.

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom