And now, compression sanity prevails. ..

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31150
edited October 2014 in FX
Yup,here it is. Yes, I have one on order. Yes, I'll do more clips. Yes it's expensive. http://www.petecornish.co.uk/SAEOC1.html

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    You know stuffs expensive when there's no price on the page! Ha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    £420.

• That's not too bad. Comparable with the Cali76 TX
    And you get home made labels.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Why ? Why young James have you posted this ? Eh ?

Kin Gassage is the right name.... All I'm thinking of now is how this'll look next to my other PCs :)

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9715
    Actually mate, it's £432 for the battery free...
    LOL! I like the young bit...

Paul Shigihara will already have one. I hate him. (ridiculous player too!)

• Gassage said:
    £420.
    fuck...

that!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    £420.
    fuck...

that!

OK- Age? Stats? Location? Active, passive or versatile?

• Gassage said:
    Gassage said:
    £420.
    fuck...

that!

OK- Age? Stats? Location? Active, passive or versatile?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Moustache's are just so 1979.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24879
    I'm a compression junkie, but no way in hell would I ever consider spending that amount of dosh on £30 of bits.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    edited October 2014
    That would certainly compress my bank account quite considerably :( I know it's an old debated question but how can a pedal that does one thing cost that much :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing pedal. It's decompressed your bank account before it's even got there. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Is there any info as to what this circuit is based on? I'm very intrigued as to what it offers over say a diamond compressor?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    @thorpy6

THis is techobabble to me but...

Many years in development, we are proud to present our first Optical Compressor: designed specifically for Guitar.
    A Feed-Forward design, the OC-1 features a minimized two stage audio signal path: input buffer and output make-up gain: this ensures no change to frequency response, no distortion and the absolute minimum of added noise. All signal monitoring and gain reduction drive circuits are separately routed via a six stage Side Chain: these signals do not pass through the Audio circuits and thus cannot degrade the audio performance.

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    @thorpy6

THis is techobabble to me but...

Many years in development, we are proud to present our first Optical Compressor: designed specifically for Guitar.
    A Feed-Forward design, the OC-1 features a minimized two stage audio signal path: input buffer and output make-up gain: this ensures no change to frequency response, no distortion and the absolute minimum of added noise. All signal monitoring and gain reduction drive circuits are separately routed via a six stage Side Chain: these signals do not pass through the Audio circuits and thus cannot degrade the audio performance.

Ok, I've never heard of any compressor that is described as that, if the babble matches the performance I reckon you'll end up with a lovely pedal.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I still can't imagine it'll be any better than my Dinasaural OPti compressor at a third of the price. But hey horses for courses LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    It'll go well to beat my Compulator- I recall pete saying that the Compulator was a great design but thrown together internally (he's quite damning like that) - so assuming that it's all based on that?

tFB Trader
    I still can't imagine it'll be any better than my Dinasaural OPti compressor at a third of the price. But hey horses for courses LOL

I have one of those, awesome. I'd love to see a comparison though