And now, compression sanity prevails. ..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited October 2014
    It's probably got more knobs than either Gassage or Pete Cornish are used to, and maybe a few more lights too, but the BSS 402 is a fantastic studio quality unit, and there is a B stock one available for only £960 at Studio Care.  Now that would decompress your bank account a bit. It's all a matter of perspective.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I always worry about the warranty thing - it actually states he won't repair something that's general wear and tear?! Really?

I'd want an unconditional warranty, or even to require goop to be intact. Switches fail - and if you're unlucky, it can fail quickly. Is this wear and tear?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    I always worry about the warranty thing - it actually states he won't repair something that's general wear and tear?! Really?

I'd want an unconditional warranty, or even to require goop to be intact. Switches fail - and if you're unlucky, it can fail quickly. Is this wear and tear?
    What he says and what he does is 2 different things.

I recall breaking a pot on my Duplex - and he pointed out (rightly) that my size 12's had done the damage. Sent back FOC, with a sarcastic but nice hand drawn diagram of a boot and a footswitch!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage;371655" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I always worry about the warranty thing - it actually states he won't repair something that's general wear and tear?! Really?

What he says and what he does is 2 different things.

I recall breaking a pot on my Duplex - and he pointed out (rightly) that my size 12's had done the damage. Sent back FOC, with a sarcastic but nice hand drawn diagram of a boot and a footswitch!
    Fair enough! Shame he possibly scares off potential customers with a warranty that sounds almost pointless :)

I've never played through one, I wanted to try a juansolo clone of a g2 but sadly had no funds at the time... :( supposed to sound like a very nice thing.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    edited October 2014
    thorpy6;371614" said:
    Gassage said:

@thorpy6

All signal monitoring and gain reduction drive

circuits are separately routed via a six stage Side Chain: these signals

do not pass through the Audio circuits and thus cannot degrade the

audio performance.

Erm, I'm pretty sure all compressors work that way - level controlled by an amplifier via a side chain which determines how much gain reduction to apply, then make up gain at the end.

I'm sure it'll be a great pedal, and you paid enough that you'll be confident you got the best!

Edit;

I use one of these of course.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    Would love to hear this up against a Cali. I find it hard to imagine a better comp than that Cali (even if i did sell mine for something smaller)