The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Just read that the new quali format may not be as dead in the water as we thought/hoped.  It seems they are considering a "tweaked" version for Q1 and Q2 with the old format restored for Q3.  
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24786
    at the moment I have sky sports for the euro rugby & internationals and for F1. If BT Sport manages to get the rugby internationals then I'd cancel sky sports and abandon F1. I get BT Sport cheap with my broadband so I get the Prem rugby there.

Sky Sports simply isn't a good value product for someone following a single sport - unless it's football.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24786
  • I don't usually follow F1, but I watched the Guy Martin/DC show the other night and it actually made me interested in it.

Here's a link incase anyone is interested
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22520
    fretmeister said: at the moment I have sky sports for the euro rugby & internationals and for F1. If BT Sport manages to get the rugby internationals then I'd cancel sky sports and abandon F1. I get BT Sport cheap with my broadband so I get the Prem rugby there. Sky Sports simply isn't a good value product for someone following a single sport - unless it's football.
    Pretty much. Cricket is being increasingly spread out now BT Sport have Australia's home Tests including the Ashes. Sky will show the IPL and England domestic and international men's cricket and the BBC will be showing the Women's Super League. When the Sky deal runs out in 2019 all signs are another monster deal with the ECB will be signed. In other words, the paying public will see their subs going up again. 

It's terrifying watching how sport salaries have exploded. In 2006-07 the average Premier League weekly wage was £14,964. This is just under £800,000 a year. In 2014 the average salary for a Premier League footballer was £1.7 million. When you look at the jump in sports rights over the years, it's quite remarkable. 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27623
    Fernando not driving this weekend. Great for Vandoorne. Hopefully Fred is ok. Bit of extreme way of getting out of having the drive round at the back though...

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12487
    Bernie calls F1 drivers thick and says he's surprised they can write and spell. How long before a driver punches him in his saggy lopsided chops? I bet there's a queue actually.

Stupid new quali system retained again for this race too, yawn.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Over 9 minutes with no action ... excellent recovery by Hamilton .. quali needs to change.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

First time I watched the new quali system. Even the wife thought it was shite. As indeed, do I. Is everyone saving tyres for the race, or what?

Despite rooting for Britney, I gotta hand it to the Hamster for a stunning comeback.

First time I watched the new quali system. Even the wife thought it was shite. As indeed, do I. Is everyone saving tyres for the race, or what?

Despite rooting for Britney, I gotta hand it to the Hamster for a stunning comeback.

As I understand it teams burn up their super soft fast tyres in the first two sessions so have none left .. at least the top four teams were so far ahead they could afford to save tyres for two runs at the end. Constructors points should be awarded in quali - that would spice things up.

Fretwired said:

As I understand it teams burn up their super soft fast tyres in the first two sessions so have none left .. at least the top four teams were so far ahead they could afford to save tyres for two runs at the end. Constructors points should be awarded in quali - that would spice things up.
    They should just revert to the previous system, in my view. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12487
    Precisely. The teams preferred it, the drivers preferred it, the punters preferred it. The only person who wants to change it is Bernie. Who is an arsehole.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4213
    Bernie is losing the plot, today he said he wanted to keep the V8's, whereas he was the one pushing for more relevant engine configurations and the V6 setup. I know he was a massive improvement over Jean Marie Balestre, but it's time for Bernie to stand aside, even Eddie Jordan sounded sensible in the interview, you know then that it's past salvation
    Bernie is losing his marbles. He should do us all a favour and check into an expensive care-home in St.Moritz somewhere.

Silverstone up for sale as it's losing vast amounts of cash due to the British Grand Prix ... looks like this year could be the last given the mounting losses. Good old greedy Bernie.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

edited April 2016
    Urgh. FFS.

Furhter proof that the current F1 business model simply doesn't work for anyone except Bernie
    Another nail in the coffin. Let's hope it's the right coffin.......

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4627
    Great race so far
    Cracking stuff. Go RoGro!