Breakin'Bad/Game of Thrones

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16280

I am on season 4 of my 2nd visit tae BB.....would GOT drag me in the way BB did?

I nearly bought season 1 (GOT) in the town today....thought I'd run it by you guys 1st  :)

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18300
    tFB Trader
    I attempted to watch the first season of GoT did not get into it at all.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I've just finished season 2 of GoT....loving it.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Vikings.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    GoT is excellent. Nudity, violence and political intrigue, what's not to like?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    If you like historial style swords and sex type stories then GoT is outstanding.   I loved the booked and was blown away by how good the series is when it started.  If that's not your thing you might not like it.

I'm looking forward to seeing series 2 of vikings - it's slower but still very good.
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    GoT is excellent. Nudity, violence and political intrigue, what's not to like?
    Programs featuring what I like to call "sexy rape" make me feel somewhat uncomfortable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • They're really different. I preferred BB, I like the less characters more development approach.

In GOT an episode may end with a great cliffhanger, but due to the sheer number of other story lines to fit in they might not resolve it until the episode after next.

Plus for my own tastes the violence is unnecessarily shocking or at least that is its intention - I just get bored by it trying to out do itself each time with some of the gore scenes. I'm not really into gore/pain/suffering as entertainment I prefer more implied stuff as part of the style rather than the 'uncomfortable' stuff they shoot.

I've only seen the latest season and not read the books, the story is good but I'm still not sold on the show overall.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    edited October 2014
    John_P said:
    I'm looking forward to seeing series 2 of vikings - it's slower but still very good.
    Series 3 ? (Series 2 is on DVD already)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2768
    Jalapeno said:
    John_P said:
    Series 3 ? (Series 2 is on DVD already)
    I watched series 1 on sky history.   I need to check when it comes back for S2.

They're really different. I preferred BB, I like the less characters more development approach.

In GOT an episode may end with a great cliffhanger, but due to the sheer number of other story lines to fit in they might not resolve it until the episode after next.

Plus for my own tastes the violence is unnecessarily shocking or at least that is its intention - I just get bored by it trying to out do itself each time with some of the gore scenes. I'm not really into gore/pain/suffering as entertainment I prefer more implied stuff as part of the style rather than the 'uncomfortable' stuff they shoot.

I've only seen the latest season and not read the books, the story is good but I'm still not sold on the show overall.
    Probably stating the obvious but reading the books does help - they've cut to the action for the series which I understand will help with viewing figures... compared to some similar authors Martin is pretty good at keeping the character list down by killing people off as new ones are introduced. 

If you like dragons and LoTR then get it.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Game of Thrones simply rules. And I don't really 'do' telly. Who knew?
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967
    BB seems a bit thin to me, I mean I watched it all but no desire to see any of it again. GOT gets better as it goes on I think and has a lot more depth. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3306
    Love all discussed so far. Also really enjoying Penny Dreadful and Walking Dead at the minute.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5727
    BB had me gripped after the first two episodes.
    GoT, not so much. I didn't get the 1st season at all, too many characters and I couldn't tell who was with who and why they were all waiting for winter.
    My mates are mad on it though and I knew my facebook would be full of season 4 posts so I did seasons 2 and 3 in a fortnight and actually really enjoyed them. Season 4 is great!

So, stick with GoT because it does pay off in the end.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    edited October 2014
    Deijavoo said:
    Love all discussed so far. Also really enjoying Penny Dreadful and Walking Dead at the minute.

Aye, Penny Dreadful's just magic.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3306
    Hilarious how they introduce each character's name.

I also really enjoyed Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, Carnivale, Borgias and The Wire.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    I just can't be assed with committing to watching long TV series. I saw the 1st episode of BB and it was very good, but that was enough for me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    GoT is great, but not quite the depth of script and acting in BB, where you are even more dragged personally into feeling for characters, then hating them. Probably GoT is the next best thing I have seen recently though, along with Homeland and Walking dead. GoT is like Lord of the rings for grown ups really

For the heady mix of  nudity, good scripts and acting, Californication, Vikings and Rome work for me. Spartacus was a bit weak on acting, and a tiny bit violent.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Watching Breaking Bad for the second time through and still not really sure how people rate it so highly. It's good but not in the same league as the other candidates for Best TV Ever (Wire,Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, GoT, Band of Brothers et al).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Watching Breaking Bad for the second time through and still not really sure how people rate it so highly. It's good but not in the same league as the other candidates for Best TV Ever (Wire,Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, GoT, Band of Brothers et al).
    Galactica is my vote for best TV show ever.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11962
    tFB Trader
    Essential viewing chez Feline:
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Boardwalk Empire
    Person of Interest - brilliant (but you MUST watch from beginning)
    The Blacklist
    Homeland
    Hell On Wheels

Still watching CSI and Law and Order SVU although wondering if they've lost their way
    Gotham looks like it could be good
    Dr Who has been much more to my liking this season too

Comedy comes via Big Bang Theory, TheMiddle & Modern Family

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!