Breakin'Bad/Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17458
    Watching Breaking Bad for the second time through and still not really sure how people rate it so highly. It's good but not in the same league as the other candidates for Best TV Ever (Wire,Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, GoT, Band of Brothers et al).

Good list, it matches mine quite closely.  Although i have not watched band of Brotehrs so would probably substitute The West Wing.  I put off watching it for years then got totally sucked in and binged it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    WezV said:
    Watching Breaking Bad for the second time through and still not really sure how people rate it so highly. It's good but not in the same league as the other candidates for Best TV Ever (Wire,Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, GoT, Band of Brothers et al).

Good list, it matches mine quite closely.  Although i have not watched band of Brotehrs so would probably substitute The West Wing.  I put off watching it for years then got totally sucked in and binged it
    Watch BoB as soon as you can. It's nothing short of incredible. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    joneve said:
    WezV said:

Watch BoB as soon as you can. It's nothing short of incredible. 

Yup, BoB is very good, The Pacific is along similar lines, although not quite as good IMO. And a huge plus one for The Sopranos being one of the best tv series ever, I've watched it several times and nothing else comes close.

I've just started watching Hannibal, it's taken a couple of episodes to get into it but I'm hooked now.

• BB, GoT, Walking Dead, Hannibal, Vikings, Blacklist, all incredible.

I'd add American Horror Story to the list for me. Great acting and some well odd storylines, and Jessica Lange still has it going on! Her naughty nun in season 2 is both hot and disturbing in equal measure ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    Started watching Game of Thrones last night. Never knew it wasn't an "American" show!
    It was a little underwhelming given the rave reviews and the sets seemed more like Merlin lol (which I actually liked...!). 
    I like it enough to keep watching but I think the books were better!
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2118
    I still haven't seen BB, but it airs from episode 1 on that new channel on Sky etc. next week. Quite looking forward to it given the hype.

I love GoT though, it's a great series, really well done. I watched the first couple of episodes when it was first shown but lost interest. I gave it another go and was hooked. I think the new series starts next week too. Looks like the telly is going to be getting a fair bit of use from next week onwards
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28008
    Person of Interest - brilliant (but you MUST watch from beginning)
    I support that. It's one of those rare shows where the tech involved is actually believable (given the suspension of disbelief required for the premise), and there's plenty of action in there to keep you interested. Overall, I think it's one of the better series on TV at the moment.
    <space for hire>
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Person of Interest - brilliant (but you MUST watch from beginning)
    I support that. It's one of those rare shows where the tech involved is actually believable (given the suspension of disbelief required for the premise), and there's plenty of action in there to keep you interested. Overall, I think it's one of the better series on TV at the moment.
    And to be sexist, it has a couple of babes in it. Not that Jim Caviezel is hideous or anything... 
    My V key is broken
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Loved BB i watched 9 eps back to back on a flight back from Florida and nexflix'ed through VNP to finish the whole thing from start to finish once i got back,im upto EP 10 of Better Call Saul atm which is also very good nice to see some back story on various ppl.

GOT.....get the books if you have the time(id all ready read all the release material by the time the show started) as the HOB is a pale imitation of the story (sofar) once they started at alter key character defining scene's and events i just stopped watching,i think that was sometime in S02 haven't been back since.
    If any of you haven't seen Sons of Anarchy, I urge you to do so. Absolutely INCREDIBLE TV. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    GOT is immense. Stick with it @thomasross20, it just gets better and better. Series 3 is an absolute belter. Shame you've read the books in a way though, as some of the shocking moments won't come as much of a erm, shock.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    joneve;590657" said:
    If any of you haven't seen Sons of Anarchy, I urge you to do so. Absolutely INCREDIBLE TV. 
    Probably one of my all time favorite shows but ruined by a finale that required you to forget everything you learned about a character in 7 years and just accept the actions he chose instead.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    Don't like the sound of that @underdog

I'm almost at the end of season five and you know it's building to something big.After all the time invested I just hope it's a satisfactory ending.Brilliant show though with some genuinely shocking moments.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    Don't like the sound of that @underdog

I'm almost at the end of season five and you know it's building to something big.After all the time invested I just hope it's a satisfactory ending.Brilliant show though with some genuinely shocking moments.
    Very much this. I'm a quarter of the way through season 5 and on a forced break as I have no internet in my new house, as you may have heard :( 

Hope the ending isn't a massive let down! 
    Glad I didn't post any spoilers :D Its a great show, but towards the end you know what's going to happen and I feel it's so against the character(s) they spent seasons developing
    fucksake! I hope I'm not let down massively - this show has got me in a way that only Band of Brothers has managed before. When they're sent to Prison at the end of season 4/beginning of season 5 and *the* thing happens before they get out I was basically balling my eyes out. 
    joneve;590923" said:
    fucksake! I hope I'm not let down massively - this show has got me in a way that only Band of Brothers has managed before. When they're sent to Prison at the end of season 4/beginning of season 5 and *the* thing happens before they get out I was basically balling my eyes out. 
    I was about to ask have you made it to the episode "laying pipe" yet, didn't see that coming at all.

I know people who loved the finale, me I just didn't get it, it just didn't fit, let me know what you think when you've seen it.
    underdog said:
    joneve;590923" said:
    I was about to ask have you made it to the episode "laying pipe" yet, didn't see that coming at all.

I know people who loved the finale, me I just didn't get it, it just didn't fit, let me know what you think when you've seen it.
    Will do. 

I just got my mate watching it and he keeps telling me how much he loves said character that is involved in the main laying pipe story - I want to tell him what happens as he's going to be a mess! Glad the wife was out when I watched it! Not many TV series that choke me up, but this has got me proper.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Essential viewing chez Feline:.....
    Homeland
    H......
    I think the next series of Homeland will need to be superb if it is to survive, as S3 turned into a soap opera in the end.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    My wife was gutted over the 'pipe' incident.She has a bit of a thing for 'that' particular character.It was made worse for them showing a recap of it on the beginning of the next three or so episodes.

The clubs retribution was very hard hitting but a bit uncomfortable to watch as I alluded to in my previous post but the guy definitely deserved it.

The whole show is a bit of a moral quandary,as is BB.You find yourself routing for the bikers,which is probably the makers intent but when you step back you realise that they're all,with very few exceptions,really bad people.Even Tara,who started off really sweet is turning into some kind of psycho hose beast.It's very similar to BB in that respect as we're all routing for WW,forgetting that he's a murdering,drug dealing scumbag.

It'll be interesting to see how the Clay,Tig relationship pans out.I'm predicting they break away from the club and go up against Jax.
    Laugh, love, live, learn.