Any known occurrence of the Metal Zone being used successfully?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    mike_l;374289" said:
    DrBob said:

Travisthedog;374252" said:

I think (and @drbob will correct me) that the Lord of tone, David Gilmour used one for the introduction to sorrow on the album momentary lapse of reason See, I thought that, but Gilmourish seems to suggest that it was actually a Big Muff into a Fender Concert amp which was then played out through the Floyd's Quad PA system in the LA Sports Arena & re-recorded.Which I bet was cheap..I thought it was a HM through the quad in the LA arena?
    To be fair I'm only going on what's written here;

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=30
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    Gassage;374219" said:
    Sorrow intro, Pink Floyd
    I heard HM-2 for that, and that kinda fits with what I hear in the sound -  pretty sure it's not a muff as it's got too much midrange bite to my ears.

I have an mt-2 sitting in my practice room at the moment, on loan from a friend I hasten to add :)) must remember to try it out!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    I doubt it was an MT-2 for Sorrow for many reasons... not least of which because IIRC, it was recorded before the MT-2 was released...

TBH, if Bjorn from Gilmourish reckons it was a Muff into a Fender Concert... its probably right...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

The MT-2 are quite fuzzy distortions, and, if you like a fuzzy distortion they're good.

Possibly a bit fizzy at the top end, and not for everyone or every style.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    impmann;374315" said:
    I doubt it was an MT-2 for Sorrow for many reasons... not least of which because IIRC, it was recorded before the MT-2 was released...

TBH, if Bjorn from Gilmourish reckons it was a Muff into a Fender Concert... its probably right...
    Wisdom awarded, mind you I wouldn't put it past Gilmour to own a time machine ! ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    I checked this- I'm wrong- it was the metal harmoniser?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Gassage said:
    Errrr - he used a Digital Metaliser for Pulse in 1994... 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

when ever i want to watch a demo of the MT2...i always go to this one...he seems to get the best sound out of the MT2...obvioulsy if youre not into metal, then this video is a useless demo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmpoMJqKMH4

• Cheers Sam - quote from the second video:

"but are they good? ... not really".

I'll keep trying, maybe I'll get something out of it when I start using it with my incoming "bit crusher", and when I get around to modifying my Boss EQ.

Just occurred to me, maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way? I should be writing music that fits with the pedal, not the other way around? Just need to build a song (and arragement) such that the MT2 has it's place. Might take me a little while.

Wish me luck!
  • ElxElx Frets: 412
    samzadgan said:
    Jetfire;374061" said:
    I do believe that Entombed recorded all of Ldft Hand Path with one..
    Nah...that was the HM2...totally different beast.

But MT's are pretty cool...depending on the rest of the rig they can give you some great noises.
    Do you guys know what gear was used on Clandestine? I love that album, Left Hand Path was good, but Clandestine was on a whole different level musically....
  • vizviz Frets: 10775
    Bidley said:
    I really just wanted one for nostalgia purposes, plus I figured there'd be a way to mod it to sound good. There isn't.
    Keeley, amongst others, have modded MT2s to great effect.

yep - I have a Keeley one and it's really nice. Smoother and bassier but still aggressive.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Elx;376870" said:
    samzadgan said:

Jetfire;374061" said:I do believe that Entombed recorded all of Ldft Hand Path with one..

Nah...that was the HM2...totally different beast.

But MT's are pretty cool...depending on the rest of the rig they can give you some great noises.

Do you guys know what gear was used on Clandestine? I love that album, Left Hand Path was good, but Clandestine was on a whole different level musically....
    I may be wrong but i was under the impression that for all that heavy period they were always using the HM2...they may have switched amps. I think LHP they use peavey bandits in the studio...i think for clandestine they switched to marshall jcm800 stacks...
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Apparantly it works well as a boost due to the parametric eq but I've never tried it.

Someone said the Vines and yeah, its a good trashy garage punk sound and thats about it.

They give me a big nostalgia trip for being 13 when every crappy garage band had them.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5192
    For metalzone, think Crowbar.

Also the band Raven's Creed.

Dream board 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Boss Metal Zone perfectly nails the Isley Brothers Summer Breeze solo tone - not sure it's supposed to, but it does.  The bee in a jam jar hyper fuzz tone.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • impmann;374335" said:
    Gassage said:

Errrr - he used a Digital Metaliser for Pulse in 1994... 
    Yep, only reason I ever bought one :)