Boss. Delay - am I the only one?

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Looks cool. For digitally controlled analog, did Tom Cram's DOD get there first with the Rubberneck? Wish I'd got one when they were on sale for £160 recently
    No idea if it was first but I love the Rubberneck. It's really got a uniqueness to it. Thomann selling them at £173 at the moment which seems like a decent price. Tempted to get a back up. 
    Saw that actually after I posted this. Does seem like a good offer. Maybe the one I saw recently was even less. Either way I am interested now
    £158 posted https://www.thomann.de/gb/digitech_dod_rubberneck.htm

Incoming...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    Looks cool. For digitally controlled analog, did Tom Cram's DOD get there first with the Rubberneck? Wish I'd got one when they were on sale for £160 recently
    No idea if it was first but I love the Rubberneck. It's really got a uniqueness to it. Thomann selling them at £173 at the moment which seems like a decent price. Tempted to get a back up. 
    Saw that actually after I posted this. Does seem like a good offer. Maybe the one I saw recently was even less. Either way I am interested now

Incoming...
    link on youtube takes you to REVERB.....£254...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2348
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

Incoming...
    Christ that is cheap!
    edited October 2023
    roberty said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

Incoming...
    Christ that is cheap!
    Thats what i thought. I usually snooze and lose so just ordered. BY tHE WAY. I put rubberneck analogue delay in Amazon search devices and boom   NSFW. rubber willies popped up!! ffs
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My mate bought the Boss a couple of months ago and loves it.
    He was going to bring it round but as yet still hasn’t.
    which I’m quite pleased about because I don’t really need another delay . :#
  • My mate bought the Boss a couple of months ago and loves it.
    He was going to bring it round but as yet still hasn’t.
    which I’m quite pleased about because I don’t really need another delay . :#
    Classic delaying tactic!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've always been after the Rubberneck, so I've ordered one. First time I've used Thomann since 2015 (a Gibson USA bass for 675 euros!) and the website/checkout seems so much easier.

Much more expensive in the UK at the moment.
    @JAYJO @Musicman20 sweet =) always happy to enable a fellow gear addict. Used ones have been selling on eBay for more so little chance for buyer's remorse IMO. I am excited for this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I decided to ask my mate at GAK if he could price match Thomann ?
    This was his answer I can't get anywhere near that price I'm afraid, snap it up, it's even less than we paid for it before vats even taken into account!
    So I grabbed one as it would be rude not to.
    I blame the rain in India because if the cricket had started on time ? I wouldn’t of been on the forum to see the DOD price.
    =) 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    @JAYJO @Musicman20 sweet =) always happy to enable a fellow gear addict. Used ones have been selling on eBay for more so little chance for buyer's remorse IMO. I am excited for this
    Yes. Thanks mate..looking forward to it. 
    roberty said:

Cheers! I've been after this one for a while. Nearly paid almost £200 about 6 months back. £158 delivered for a fully featured analog delay (with great reviews) is exceptional!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just when I manage to convince myself I’m not particularly interested in a DM-101, this thread keeps popping up.

Any happy owners on the forum? 
    My Rubberneck is here. I ordered it on Friday

There is a Samsung sticker on the box so there must be some old stock floating around

Last chance at this price I daresay #nofomo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    Just when I manage to convince myself I’m not particularly interested in a DM-101, this thread keeps popping up.

Any happy owners on the forum? 
    I count myself among that number!
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1059
    Thanks for the heads up @roberty, I've ordered one of the DOD as well. Great price, and sadly I have a weakness for analogue delays. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

I’ve ordered the Dod as well.

Was going to get an El Cap, but at £158 thought I’d try this first.  Can always get an EL Cap another time and it will be good to have BBD and tape.   

Also got the FS3x footswitch.

Had a proper go with the Rubberneck this weekend. It's bloody lovely and so tweakable. Got a cool pad sound with choppy trem -> volume pedal swell -> Rubberneck with boss harmoniser in the insert. But even the normal delay sounds are good
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    roberty said:
    Had a proper go with the Rubberneck this weekend. It's bloody lovely and so tweakable. Got a cool pad sound with choppy trem -> volume pedal swell -> Rubberneck with boss harmoniser in the insert. But even the normal delay sounds are good
    FOMO makes me kinda want a Rubberneck, but I think my EHX DMM 1100TT already covers those base, plus I don't crave the loopy bananas pitch swooping thing.
    @Keefy they do look functionally similar. I find the combined momentary/latching footswitches a bit confusing really. Might find a use for them. Probably not :-)
    DM-101 is still the daddy lol