Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Massive Beards...

What's Hot
What is it with massive beards everywhere at the moment? The most average of guys in work etc as well as certain footballers are sporting epic facial furniture.

It looked stupid in the 70s and it definitely looks stupid now...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Scruffy bastards are exercising their laziness by disguising it as fashion.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    It's rubbish for us steadfastly unfashionable beard wearers that the trendies seem to have latched on to our face fuzz and turned it into some kind of fashion statement.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    edited October 2014
    They have passed the point of peak hipster. for sure. I've been impressed by ex Wales footballer Iwan Roberts's effort:

Doesn't make him look like a wild-eyed tramp at all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    I take it the back, crack and sack is also out of favour as well ?

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I wouldn't try it myself as I'm bald so it would look decidedly odd..... but I think it can look cool.
  • I like having facial hair.  

It's really comforting, and I think I look weird without it.  

That said, I look really, really shit with it, too.  I'm just one ugly bastard. 

I do like having a bit of fuzz, though. Which is relevant on a guitar forum. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    It's rubbish for us steadfastly unfashionable beard wearers that the trendies seem to have latched on to our face fuzz and turned it into some kind of fashion statement.
    indeed! But it will pass. 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hey, if the ladies can walk around in jeans and down pints, then we can shape our faces!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    I like having facial hair.  

It's really comforting, and I think I look weird without it.  

That said, I look really, really shit with it, too.  I'm just one ugly bastard. 

I do like having a bit of fuzz, though. Which is relevant on a guitar forum. 
    I also do the carefully controlled fuzz thing :). One step above 'designer stubble' and one step below velcro ;).

The birds' nest beard thing is just weird on anyone young-ish. One of the staff in the shop - who is half my age - had one for a while, he just looked like a 12-year-old wearing a comedy beard… you expected to see elastic at the sides. He's reduced it to something more sensible now, thankfully.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe there's a link between the resurgence of the beard and Kate Bush…. dun dun duuuuh!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5191
    Massive beards? Most of them look like kids' starter beards to me.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like having a beard.  I like to think that if an Islamic extremist decides to start shooting up the supermarket whilst I'm on a milk run that he'll look a me and just for a split second think twice and whilst he hesitates I shall be off.  Maximum-Beard-Win.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a name for people without beards.....women.

Can't take the credit for that but it made me smile.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    I think they are a bit like flares; if you are old enough to remember when they were fashionable first time round, you are too old to get way with them now....

The next stage of the process is disapproving of them on young people....
  • It's rubbish for us steadfastly unfashionable beard wearers that the trendies seem to have latched on to our face fuzz and turned it into some kind of fashion statement.

Apparently 'Norm Core' is in, which is dressing normally.

So we could actually be accidentally cool right now!?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader

Apparently 'Norm Core' is in, which is dressing normally.

So we could actually be accidentally cool right now!?
    Do you dress like this?http://barsbyal.com/user/cimage/c-norm-03.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5191
    I had most of of mine cut off about 6 weeks ago. So now it's only big
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Strange I was thinking about it this afternoon. If there's any reason to clean shave it's to not be associated with those wankers. 

The fop haircut is doing my head in too. But that might be jealousy what with going bald. I tend to clip my facial hair every couple of weeks. My face is too fat for a clean shave atm. I don't agree that beards are lazy, I actually find them to be a lot of effort to keep tidy. But maybe that's just because I'm not very manly and it grows unevenly.
    My V key is broken