Oil City Pickups - new old stock wire!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    oh_pollo said:
    Will it just be Strat pickups in the NOS wire or do you have enough to do P90's?
    I have a good load - so I will be doing a fair bit of stuff eventually :-)
    Of course when it's gone it's gone. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1486
    edited September 2023
    Hi Ash, I have an old 62 slab board Strat which was converted to HSS back in the 70's sometime (I got it in 1983).  It had lost the original pickups but had 2 grey bottoms and a SD JB original double cream in it.   I would love to get a set with a Patent number PAF wind (I have one of them in my 1970 LP Custom and it is an amazing pickup and I know you have a soft spot for that particular era), along with 2 original spec 62 Strat pickups.  Let me know if you would consider doing this and if so, just PM me with the cost.  Thanks, Phil
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3594
    OilCityPickups said:

What thickness of wire did you get? Awg 42? 
    42awg mostly, with some 43awg
    Ooh. Unobtanium wire Broadcasters by chance?  I hope you get the chance to make a standard awg43 Alnico 5 Tele neck pickup too.

These humble spools of wire will provide jaded middled aged men more happy endings than a tax rebate/weekend in Amsterdam (I'm too old for Amsterdam).
    Another vote for this! (Tele pickups, not Amsterdam.)
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10564
    tFB Trader
    Greatape said:
    OilCityPickups said:

Ooh. Unobtanium wire Broadcasters by chance?  I hope you get the chance to make a standard awg43 Alnico 5 Tele neck pickup too.

These humble spools of wire will provide jaded middled aged men more happy endings than a tax rebate/weekend in Amsterdam (I'm too old for Amsterdam).
    All noted ... excepted Amsterdam ... nice beer there though :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3594
    Greatape said:
    OilCityPickups said:

All noted ... excepted Amsterdam ... nice beer there though :-)
     :3

Actually just posted a question in Guitar re: a great sounding set of pickups. This is the sound I'm chasing that I haven't gotten from v-mods or Dimarzio Areas, but experienced when playing a friend's vintage Tele. 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/254176/k-line-tele-pickups-whats-similar?new=1