Looks like Marshall have a new amp coming out this Friday

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    Personally, i like the look.  But all the other Studios have had the Design Store treatment, so there will probably be alternative finishes if it doesn't appeal.
    Good point. Once they're released this current version will look much better by comparison!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4400
    Dave_Mc said:

There's quite an interesting video on Youtube where Johan Segeborn puts KT66s into the SV20H... it made it sound quite a bit more Fendery I thought (though not as Fendery as the JTM).

Johan Segeborn is great, I've become addicted to his channel. Learned quite a bit about the early Marshall lineage and associated sounds, plus you could listen to him talk all day long. 

I do fear for his hearing (and neighbours) though :lol:
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    randella said:
    Dave_Mc said:

There's quite an interesting video on Youtube where Johan Segeborn puts KT66s into the SV20H... it made it sound quite a bit more Fendery I thought (though not as Fendery as the JTM).

Johan Segeborn is great, I've become addicted to his channel. Learned quite a bit about the early Marshall lineage and associated sounds, plus you could listen to him talk all day long. 

I do fear for his hearing (and neighbours) though :lol:
    Yeah. I like his comparison vids, he seems to do the best (or at least most comprehensive) comparison videos. There are plenty of vids of someone comparing, say, two different speakers, but not so many of someone comparing about 15 different ones! (Especially 15 different takes on the same style of speaker!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The head + 2x12 cabinet is a prize on Guitar Gear Giveaway, to be drawn on 14th August. Tickets £2.99 each. I've entered.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10640
    Toms a fan 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    Everyone’s a fan I bet that gets a free one.  And it seems like everyone has got a free one that makes a YouTube video.  

I haven’t heard one yet but was in sixty sounds when they came out and asked to
    hear one and I got told I can’t hear it because its
    a review unit Marshall sent them and they haven’t done a video yet…..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonz said:
    Everyone’s a fan I bet that gets a free one.  And it seems like everyone has got a free one that makes a YouTube video.  

I was in there as well and they were a bit weird about it - kept referring to it as a “prototype”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3454
    Th4fonz said:

I always wondered if that was a real shop or just a hangout for Insta 60s cosplayers…they have loads of stuff on their Insta and very little of it seems to be listed on their store website. 
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2465
    I think 66 Sounds is a real shop, for real people with real money.

They took one look at me the boy standing at the door, thought "pair of Squier players" and pretended they hadn't seen us.
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    Th4fonz said:

I always wondered if that was a real shop or just a hangout for Insta 60s cosplayers…they have loads of stuff on their Insta and very little of it seems to be listed on their store website. 
    Then the day after they post their ig clip playing it and to come in the shop and check them out…. Makes no sense to me.  Don’t have stuff on the shop floor if it isn’t useable.