Best desktop modelling amplifier (for me)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pt22pt22 Frets: 372
    Hi Jay. I know you already have a line on a spark at a great price but if you want a Yamaha THR I can cut you a deal on mine I have listed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 1010
    Another THR vote, though I much prefer the older models over the new ones.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • NikcNikc Frets: 637
    If you want a smallish one box solution I'd go Boss Dual Cube - I'm using a Street Cube in our garden room and it sounds really good and not just for the money etc.. just good. I went with the street cube because I also enjoy singing (although I might be the only one that likes my singing) and wanted that as an option as well.

I've used a Yamaha THR and found it to be pretty poor, actually that's not true it was horrid,I had a  VOX G3 mini and it was/is head and shoulders better and also dirt cheap - My youngest has it now and its still plenty good enough.  
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 830
    When I record my guitars, which hasn't been that often recently, I always try to get a 'live' sound recorded, and a simultaneous DI via a splitter, this lets me at least play with some feeling and reaction to the 'live' sound I am hearing, via an amp / fx in the room, and I also then always have the option to use something like the Overloud Slate packages, or more recently, the NAM plugin.
    Jay, you are well aware of the PC setup I am using, and I have yet to attempt any recording with it, but I will use the same approach when I do, a mic capture on one track, and a DI on a separate track, which can be messed with later with a VST ( NAM isn't an option yet on older OS ), It is always a simple matter of moving a section back or forward a few samples to correct any of the latency issues in the mixing process, but the 'live' mic recording will be the template.
    We are talking milliseconds and ageing ears here, but if I am happy with the results, that is good enough for me.
    I have had good results with my pedals into a Mooer Radar in the past, to get a fairly decent 'Live' sound , at a very low output.