Speaker/Monitor recommendations for a studio

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6892
    Where are you positioning the PA speakers? I cant see them in any of the photos.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3312
    mrkb said:
    Where are you positioning the PA speakers? I cant see them in any of the photos.
    On the floor, one in front of the ceiling to floor bass traps and another across the other side of the room in front of another bass trap.
    Bass is reduced from the desk and the same from the EQ on the speaker
    Kebabkid said:
    mrkb said:
    On the floor, one in front of the ceiling to floor bass traps and another across the other side of the room in front of another bass trap.
    Have you tried them on chairs/pa stands to get them away from the floor to avoid bass coupling?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3312
    mrkb said:
    Kebabkid said:
    mrkb said:
    Have you tried them on chairs/pa stands to get them away from the floor to avoid bass coupling?
    The stands have wide feet and so no room to use the existing ones and the speakers would need to be only a couple of feet off the ground as the lowness of the ceiling would mean they'd be blasting us at head or near head height if raised any more. I'll meause but the ceiling is just over 6 feet
    edited August 2023
    Kebabkid said:
    mrkb said:
    Kebabkid said:
    mrkb said:
    The stands have wide feet and so no room to use the existing ones and the speakers would need to be only a couple of feet off the ground as the lowness of the ceiling would mean they'd be blasting us at head or near head height if raised any more. I'll meause but the ceiling is just over 6 feet
    If they were “blasting you” at head height, then you can turn the volume down. PAs are designed to sound good at ear level. I have mini stands to get mine to about 4ft off the ground.

NJS 35 mm Short Adjustable Aluminium Black PA Speaker Stand - Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/NJS-Short-Adjustable-Aluminium-Speaker/dp/B00GOQWI40
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom