Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitarists with experience of fixing washing machines

What's Hot

There must be loads on these pages. Here is the mission brief

- Washing machine in utility room

- Washing machine is failing to consume fabric conditioner during cycle

- Suspected fault with water inlet to syphon fabric conditioner.

any veterans want to tell their story?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Get a large hammer (A 4Lb club should do) and hit the washing machine in random places until it works. Or you need a new machine.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    ^ we'll call that Plan B

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

^you should call it Plan A, Plan B is when you don't smack the crap out of the machine and go straight to Currys. Or Brighthouse.

Or the pub.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Lowest form of intervention would be to remove and degunk the tray you put powder and conditioner in and run a couple of empty loads before using conditioner again. The next stage would be to call my brother in law Andy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    ^ Done that bit, and checked the incline on the washer with a spirit level in case its on the piss. All check out OK. It's going to be an engine out job I reckon. And its going to smell.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    have you tried turning it off and back on again?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    How old is the machine ?
    VimFuego said:
    have you tried turning it off and back on again?

Do you work in our IT dept?

That's their stock answer for everything.....

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited October 2014
    The water that flushes the conditioner out of its container is probably pumped. If the nozzle isn't blocked, see if you can find the pump. It may not work because it is knackered, or it may have stopped working 'cos the control electronics have failed and are not telling it to work. It will have (probably) 2 connections to it, ground, and +V. See if you can get the machine to the stage where it is supposed to flush the conditioner, and check that power is being applied to the pump (there may be a voltage rating on a plate on the pump which will let you know what you're looking for: AC or DC, and how many V - if not, assume mains just to be safe and not blow up your multimeter).
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    If its 3 or more years old I'd be tempted to scrap it, unless its something rather posh and spendy . Most machines are starting to get on their last legs by then, especially in a hard water area as we found out until we bought a water treatment unit
  • I kept a machine for 17 years before it needed replacing. And my current one is 8 years old. It has cost me approx £45 every 3 years, way cheaper than replacing it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Just...don't use conditioner? Save a fortune.

• SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Just adapt. (Use a fabric conditioner that goes in the drum).

When the grill failed on my free standing electric cooker (£139 from Argos) I went online to "research" all of my repair options.

It soon became clear that the winning option was a George Foreman grill from Amazon (£19).

Just...don't use conditioner? Save a fortune.

How will Decker keep his silk lingerie soft?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Probably a solenoid valve not working, or a wire fallen off the valve. Should be a piece of piss to fix by anyone owning a VW Camper.

Alternatively see my ao.com thread for a new Beko at £219 delivered.

See if you can get the machine to the stage where it is supposed to flush the conditioner

This is the bit where I think I'm gonna struggle tbh In the old days you could just turn the timer clock to the right bit of the cycle, but of course this one is all solid state so you can't. I guess I'll have to watch a whole cycle with a multi-meter attached to the solenoid to see if it gets a signal and fails to open.

joy

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
     I guess I'll have to watch a whole cycle with a multi-meter attached to the solenoid to see if it gets a signal and fails to open.

joy

how the long winter months must fly by in the Decker household. :D

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
    is it EL34 or 6L6?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
     I guess I'll have to watch a whole cycle with a multi-meter attached to the solenoid to see if it gets a signal and fails to open.

joy

how the long winter months must fly by in the Decker household. :D
    This is a man with far too much time on his hands! My machine is 12-14 years old drill is chuck in clothes chuck in the condom which has soap in it turn dial to 4 go to pub for an hour or so then take wet clothes out the following day or the next. 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
     See if you can get the machine to the stage where it is supposed to flush the conditioner

This is the bit where I think I'm gonna struggle tbh In the old days you could just turn the timer clock to the right bit of the cycle, but of course this one is all solid state so you can't. I guess I'll have to watch a whole cycle with a multi-meter attached to the solenoid to see if it gets a signal and fails to open.

joy

connect a buzzer to see if/when you have a feed. That way if you get distracted/knock one out you'll have an audible to say there's a feed, rather than try staring at a display for an hour or more.