Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So, my TGP ban is over....

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 31157
Firstly, I managed to start 2 epic threads the day I was banned.

One slagging Strymon off, and one neatly slagging off America's contribution to music, about nations who punch above their weight....

I'm tempted to reinvigorate the Ryder Cup thread, with suitable redneck bile and infantile spite, but a PR Consultant told me social meeja needs to be timely above all. So whilst they made complete cocks of themselves, I will abstain.

Musing, a thread about xenaphobic gassing and far eastern guitars might do the trick.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    personally I'd prefer it if you kept your crowing about your shitty behaviour to yourself.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Fiiiiiight!!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I am truly horrified at your blatant racism, if it was not for them we wouldn't have Macdonalds, burger king, hip hop, gang related violence, fat people, Mariah Carey, fanatical Christians and war, where would we be without all of these, ay ay, they are a credit to the world and we should worship at there cankle laden feet!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    Paul_C said:
    personally I'd prefer it if you kept your crowing about your shitty behaviour to yourself.
    C'mon up your game old boy- I've had better comebacks wanking in front of a floor fan.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Firstly, I managed to start 2 epic threads the day I was banned.

One slagging Strymon off, and one neatly slagging off America's contribution to music, about nations who punch above their weight....

I'm tempted to reinvigorate the Ryder Cup thread, with suitable redneck bile and infantile spite, but a PR Consultant told me social meeja needs to be timely above all. So whilst they made complete cocks of themselves, I will abstain.

Musing, a thread about xenaphobic gassing and far eastern guitars might do the trick.....

Live and let live, i like the USA, i like the people in it. I've worked with plenty of americans and found them to be really friendly and decent folk on the whole. I don't understand the need to troll TGP if I'm honest. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    I have rarely trolled them in fairness. I do wonder at the overall acceptance by some over there of some things that are truly unquestioned in the UK, but hey ho.

The only thing I've ever really trolled is their gun threads, which IMO is absolutely fair game.

And half my clients are Americans, who are pretty much all great.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    Gassage said:

The only thing I've ever really trolled is their gun threads, which IMO is absolutely fair game.

but only in season. And in some states there are take quotas and you may need a licence.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    edited October 2014

Paul_C said:
    I'm normally the first to think things like that - but knowing the sort of thing which lead to the last TGP thread, I'm happy to sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the show.  

Screw 'em all, and the homophobic fundamentalist gun-toting horse they rode in on.  \:D/

Then again, I kind of like TGP in one way - it's about the only place left on the internet which makes me feel young and in touch with the modern world in comparison to them. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    Talking Of Americans,anyone know if Doug and Pat have joined yet?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    mrchi said:
    I am truly horrified at your blatant racism, if it was not for them we wouldn't have Macdonalds, burger king, hip hop, gang related violence, fat people, Mariah Carey, fanatical Christians and war, where would we be without all of these, ay ay, they are a credit to the world and we should worship at there cankle laden feet!
    Don't forget rock and roll, and blues, and jazz, and rock music. And Les Pauls, SGs, 335s, Strats, Teles, Jazzmasters, Jaguars, D18s, 000-18s, Ricky 360s, and Ford Mustangs, and pecan pie and potato chips and Jim Beam Black, and Elvis and Michael Jackson and Jimi Hendrix and Batman and Star Wars and Pixar movies and moon landings and Homeland and Parks & Rec and Law & Order and 3D printing and digital cameras and the fact we'd all be speaking German without them.

You're right, America sucks. 

Where's that facepalm button?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    You had an argument till you said Rickenbacker !!!  I'll get my coat ;)

Hmmmmm- that's a compelling argument...until Star Wars, which I've never got.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited October 2014
    I couldn't give a shit what Gassage does on TGP.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Have a wisdom

Nor could I.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Gassage said:

You seem to be saying that you have joined a smallish (130,000 members) USA based forum, which is dominated by membership based in the USA, as indicated by the predominance of USA related topics (NFL, MLB, Ebola in Dallas, Guns) and that the purpose of these visits is to wind up this majority USA based membership.

I would have thought the obvious question to put to you is.......Why?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Call them faggots.
    tFB Trader
    I just don't understand the logic. Btw i love guns, if i lived in america I'd own several, if you've never fired one you'll not understand the rush they offer. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    thorpy6 said:
    I just don't understand the logic. Btw i love guns, if i lived in america I'd own several, if you've never fired one you'll not understand the rush they offer. 
    As with all arrangements, I need to know for the giver or the receiver? I'd imagine both, in a paradoxical fashion.

(I'm 100% absolutely anti-guns. There is no reason for them to exist in normal society and I come from bloody Ludlow, deep in farming community)

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    thorpy6 said:
    As with all arrangements, I need to know for the giver or the receiver? I'd imagine both, in a paradoxical fashion.

(I'm 100% absolutely anti-guns. There is no reason for them to exist in normal society and I come from bloody Ludlow, deep in farming community)
    I'm in the army, i get to fire them for work. I agree there is no need for them in society....... unless they are strictly controlled and used for sport, hunting or game control. The desire for everyone to bear arms in the states is strange for people to understand but the biggest concern i have over their laws is the dire lack of control and the fact that there isn't any sort of IQ test done before being allowed a gun, but its their rules i guess. 
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Don't jump in straight away.

let them think they've won.

Then troll the hell out of them.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)