Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So, my TGP ban is over....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Re: Americans and guns. 

The second amendment says "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.". Understandable, given their revolutionary past. 

However, no-one seems to ask the pro-gun lobby how they'd feel about the groups of gun owners in, say, downtown LA or urban Detroit organising themselves and honing their urban combat techniques in case the need to resist the overbearing state should arise.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    mike_l said:

Don't jump in straight away.

let them think they've won.

Then troll the hell out of them.

I don't understand this attitude at all.

Every forum has its fair share of arseholes, but that shouldn't be an excuse for trolling, IMHO.

Posting on one forum about behaving badly on another (and taking delight in doing so) is not behaviour I'd like to be associated with, so I'm expressing my disgust.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • At the risk of sounding very non rock and roll. You could always just leave them alone and practice your guitar instead?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Paul_C said:
    mike_l said:

Every forum has its fair share of arseholes, but that shouldn't be an excuse for trolling, IMHO.

Posting on one forum about behaving badly on another (and taking delight in doing so) is not behaviour I'd like to be associated with, so I'm expressing my disgust.
    By taking this stance, you're tacitly condoning homophobia.

I HOPE YOU ARE PROUD OF YOURSELF!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @stickyfiddle, I think you failed to see the jest in that bro, I would be very narrow minded if I didn't appreciate what America has bought to the table, so please try to see the comment as the jovial silliness it clearly is,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Paul_C said:
    mike_l said:

I don't see hpw a bit of piss taking of idiocy can be bad. Especially when it's repeated idiocy.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    mike_l said:

I don't see hpw a bit of piss taking of idiocy can be bad. Especially when it's repeated idiocy.

Because it's in their gaff. They have set their rules and the tone of their board for their users. The same axiom applies there in the same way it does here: If you don't like it don't go there. Joining in with them for the sole purpose of making them unhappy is not a classy activity.

If they come here where we have our own ethos and start behaving like idiots then it's open season, but sh*tting on someone's doorstep because you don't like their décor is pretty rude.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    Gassage said:

The only thing I've ever really trolled is their gun threads, which IMO is absolutely fair game.

but only in season. And in some states there are take quotas and you may need a licence.
    Not for the police....
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    mike_l said:

Because it's in their gaff. They have set their rules and the tone of their board for their users. The same axiom applies there in the same way it does here: If you don't like it don't go there. Joining in with them for the sole purpose of making them unhappy is not a classy activity.

If they come here where we have our own ethos and start behaving like idiots then it's open season, but sh*tting on someone's doorstep because you don't like their décor is pretty rude.

FUCKIN' THOUGHT POLICE!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q195/schneekle/SuperHans.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    edited October 2014
    This stuff always leads to bad things - it just does.

FWIW: I have a vast amount of experience of Moderating forums - of the 2 I'm active on now we have close on half a million active members and when a pissing match starts between forums it just serves to make a load of work of the moderators.

I ended up having to moderate posts and threads containing 'goatse' (if you don't know what that is, don't google it at work) and a crap load of other horrific stuff and it was a waste of my time.

If the people over at TGP are really as bad you say, do you want them coming here en-mass and posting their bile..?
    It's not a case of running away from a fight, it's a case of not starting a fight with a retard in the first place.

Pissing in other peoples forums only leads to one thing - a massive headache for your own moderators so out of respect for the guys here I say quit it...... even if it is quite funny.

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28042
     when a pissing match starts between forums it just serves to make a load of work of the moderators.

I don't like the sound of that.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    There is trolling and there's also being mildly intellectually provocative and challenging views that are very alien. I'm friends on Facebook with a load of TGP ers and they're all as sound as. However, my personal issue is years ago I got banned for reporting someone for a homophobic rant, I was told that was allowable and then, when I expressed my view I was banned for that....besides, it's a font of wisdom at times, although more info here for sure.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    There is trolling and there's also being mildly intellectually provocative and challenging views that are very alien. I'm friends on Facebook with a load of TGP ers and they're all as sound as. However, my personal issue is years ago I got banned for reporting someone for a homophobic rant, I was told that was allowable and then, when I expressed my view I was banned for that....besides, it's a font of wisdom at times, although more info here for sure.

Hmmmm... many levels of wrong in how you were treated.
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    Gassage said:
     However, my personal issue is years ago I got banned for reporting someone for a homophobic rant, I was told that was allowable and then, when I expressed my view I was banned for that....besides, it's a font of wisdom at times, although more info here for sure.
    That kinda tells you a lot about the moderators over there I guess.
    If there's a culture of homophobia you can usually bet it's because the mods are also homophobic or at the very least they are indifferent to it.  
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

FWIW I was taking the piss when I suggested trolling them.

Rip the shit out of idiocy, but other than that I wouldn't bother.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:

I don't agree with how you were treated: however america is a big place with a massive diversity in thinking. i.e. you are probably offending people who aren't discriminatory against homosexual people but who love their guns. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com