Guitarists who know something about toasters...

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5030
How do you prevent your toaster from spreading crumbs on the floor every time you remove it from the press?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2038
    I'm not sure I understand the question!
  • Not sure, Chuffola??? I'm absolutely sure I don't understand the question,
  • My toaster sits on top of the microwave oven. I think it has a crumb tray in the bottom but its a long time since I tried clearing it. But otherwise the toaster doesn't spread crumbs. Wossyer problem?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Where's Chilli, our resident toaster expert, when you need him?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:
    Where's Chilli, our resident toaster expert, when you need him?
    In Argos...eyeing up the latest range of toasters...locked in indecision and doubt...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15879
    argos have banned chilli from all their stores, he spent too much time loitering without intent and licking the window of the toaster section.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

I think he moved up(?) to Currys for a wider selection of toaster. And keeps drooling over the Brevilles and Dualits.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    To prevent crumb build up I suggest cleaning your toaster in a washing machine on a 40 degree wash at least once a month.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• To prevent crumb build up I suggest cleaning your toaster in a washing machine on a 40 degree wash at least once a month.
    and every 2 months take your washing machine apart to unblock the drain pump
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • mike_l said:
    I think he moved up(?) to Currys for a wider selection of toaster. And keeps drooling over the Brevilles and Dualits.
    "The Breville made me Dualit"....?

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited October 2014
    To prevent crumb build up I suggest cleaning your toaster in a washing machine on a 40 degree wash at least once a month.
    and every 2 months take your washing machine apart to unblock the drain pump

as it is written so shall it be

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15879
    could you not just swill it around in the bath?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

mike_l said:
    "The Breville made me Dualit"....?

Didn't he get arrested for that?

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

You lot are missing the point: It's not new toaster selection or maintenance we're talking about, it's toaster operating procedures, a completely different topic.

The best way of avoiding spreading crumbs over the floor is to nail your toaster on the kitchen worktop so the missus can't put the poxy thing away.

Sorted.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simples: Eat crumpets instead.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    What sort of crazy, insane, irrational. OCD suffering person puts a toaster away?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Precisely.

Sambostar said:
    What sort of crazy, insane, irrational. OCD suffering person puts a toaster away?

Chilli, then he'll blame Mrs Chilli. Or occasionally Son-of-Chilli.

I've never been so insulted in all my entire born days!

Neither I, not my son (not that he lives here), would ever dream of putting a toaster away. Or anything else in the kitchen, for that matter. That's what women are for.

Really Mike, you've gone too far this time.

I'll bet Chilli has a cupboard for the microwave too.

And the Kettle.

The nutcase.