Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ebola .... game on.

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
I work within public health, and Ebola has now been rated a level 4 incident, which means that it has priority over everything else we do. It’s getting like a bee hive at work. They are expecting a handful of cases here before Xmas and everything is gearing up to response, in terms of activity, containment, analysis, communications. It’s all beginning to feel a bit .... creepy, like some sort of 70s sci-fi movie! We will probably get it here at work one way or another as we have one of the nation’s cat 4 labs, used for analysing the stuff. There are certain staff here who I won’t be standing too close to if things start to happen!

The plus side with Ebola is that it is not that transferrable. If it was airborne we’d probably be looking at the end of the world as we know it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If someone had it, and went to the pub, would the virus survive the glass washing machine, and could the next drinker who used that glass catch it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Not much can survive industrial washing up liquid ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Jalapeno said:

except dried on cornflakes and Weetabix

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15879
    why have you got dried on cornflakes on your beer glass?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Jalapeno said:
    Lipstick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • If someone had it, and went on the bus, and pressed the STOP button, would the next person who used the STOP button catch it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    VimFuego said:
    why have you got dried on cornflakes on your beer glass?

Do they not serve breakfast in your local when you pop in for a cheeky pint at 7am? What ghastly place you must live in.

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    If someone had it, and went to the pub, would the virus survive the glass washing machine, and could the next drinker who used that glass catch it?

I see you've got your priorities straight, Phil!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418

Jalapeno said:
    Lipstick
    Probably only rinsed not washed - but agree about Weetabix ! Stuck, but probably sterile though ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I think what @Phil_AKA_Pip is saying (quite rightly) is ... can we set up a separate topic for @axisus to quarantine him from the rest of us..

@Col_Decker cornflake or leper's lipstick?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • If someone had it, and went to the pub, would the virus survive the glass washing machine, and could the next drinker who used that glass catch it?

I see you've got your priorities straight, Phil!
    Natch ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    If someone had it, and went to the pub, would the virus survive the glass washing machine, and could the next drinker who used that glass catch it?
    There's always a silver lining to these things.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02921/farage_2921024b.jpg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Jalapeno said:
    Ipso facto, Ebola outbreak in your vicinity = go to the pub. I'm liking this, it's kinda like my zombie outbreak plan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I thought I had Ebola the other day, it was just a stomach bug in the end.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    IanSavage said:
    Ipso facto, Ebola outbreak in your vicinity = go to the pub. I'm liking this, it's kinda like my zombie outbreak plan.
    Right, the Winchester it is...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412
    I was going to sell my LP's off but I may keep hold of them now.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014

my tin-foil hat wearing mate believes that Ebola (and HIV) are man made viruses mixed with alien DNA, spread via chem-trails to reduce the worlds population prior to the roll out of the New World Order.

ahh I wish I'd made that up, but he does think that. Thick Twat.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Decker does your friend live in a single room appartment, with nice white padding on the walls?

Or is he just one of the voices only you hear?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Col_Decker;381015" said:
    my tin-foil hat wearing mate believes that Ebola (and HIV) are man made viruses mixed with alien DNA, spread via chem-trails to reduce the worlds population prior to the roll out of the New World Order.  ahh I wish I'd made that up, but he does think that. Thick Twat.
    Did you not know that? We only cured Polio to convince everyone Big Pharma was on their side, really its just a big consiracy to fleece everyone of their cash.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412
    Let's see how long it takes to come up with a vaccine now it's hit American and European soil.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom