F***ing eBay w***ers!

What's Hot

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4075
    I had a f***king eBay w***er last year and it really stressed me out for a few days, wondering if I was going to be out of pocket. I sold a virtually new HX Effects. I’d updated it and used HX Edit and it was fully working and immaculate.

The buyer, after a few days had clearly done something wrong with the software side of things and started sending me angry messages and telling me he could have afforded a new one.

I’ve had several Helix family products and what he was saying wasn’t adding up, I was sure it user error and I politely suggested he raised a ticket with Line 6, which he did and the problem was quickly resolved.

He couldn’t find it in himself to admit it was user error, or apologise for his rude messages, so he told me again that he could have afforded a new one, then left me neutral feedback.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1562
    He couldn’t find it in himself to admit it was user error, or apologise for his rude messages, so he told me again that he could have afforded a new one, then left me neutral feedback.
    I hate the very existence of ‘neutral feedback’. In a platform where the overwhelming majority of votes are positive, there’s nothing neutral about voting neutral. It’s an invitation to be passive aggressive.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7813
    It's up to £102 on eBay now with 3 days 6 hours to go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3216
    tFB Trader
    He’s cancelled the auction!
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The fleas ate the amp. He's next.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    @Fiftyshadesofjay you’re a very nice man.

I'll throw in a brand new set a full set of Russian tubes tdeboot, so it should be ayou electrically apart from minor use from myself. Apparently, the person I bought it from. Said it had been checked over from black star. And he used to work there so he said I have no reason to disbelieve him.  He didn't give me any documentation but he was a very nice man and if he's a meanable. I'm listening this now with a reasonable reserve and a buyer now. For anyone who wishes to secure it but I assure you”
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1557
    @Fiftyshadesofjay you’re a very nice man.

“ I'll throw in a brand new set a full set of Russian tubes tdeboot, so it should be ayou electrically apart from minor use from myself. Apparently, the person I bought it from. Said it had been checked over from black star. And he used to work there so he said I have no reason to disbelieve him.  He didn't give me any documentation but he was a very nice man and if he's a meanable. I'm listening this now with a reasonable reserve and a buyer now. For anyone who wishes to secure it but I assure you”
    I genuinely thought that you were taking the proverbial with that quote. Then I read the eBay listing. Good. Grief.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2394
    I strongly suspect he typed that description whilst pissed.
  • @Fiftyshadesofjay you’re a very nice man.

“ I'll throw in a brand new set a full set of Russian tubes tdeboot, so it should be ayou electrically apart from minor use from myself. Apparently, the person I bought it from. Said it had been checked over from black star. And he used to work there so he said I have no reason to disbelieve him.  He didn't give me any documentation but he was a very nice man and if he's a meanable. I'm listening this now with a reasonable reserve and a buyer now. For anyone who wishes to secure it but I assure you”
    Aww that’s great to hear. I still think he’s a bellend 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m a meanable. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1545
    sold
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    From another item he is selling -

“Amplify your guitar sound to new heights with the Marshall Series 9000 Guitar Preamp MGP 9004. This versatile rackmount amplifier is perfect for musicians looking to enhance their sound. With a brand like Marshall, you can trust the quality and reliability of this product. 

The MGP 9004 model is ideal for guitarists of all levels and genres. Whether you're a professional musician performing on stage or a beginner practicing at home, this amplifier has something to offer. Enjoy the classic Marshall sound with features like adjustable gain, a 3-band EQ, and a built-in compressor. Don't miss out on the opportunity to take your music to the next level with this exceptional piece of equipment.

This item is barely working. I bought it recently, it responds and is rather scratchy in sound. You have to strum yoghurt or loud I have looked inside. Do LED s don't seem to appears to be the only problem, so it may well be a simple fix. It should go for a bargain price. Iid1878 Ve. No interest in making a hideous profit full disclosure. You welcome to come and view it and try it out.  If you wish to collect your welcome postage at cost, I believe it was tracking sure it photos are stock my own item. Any questions please message me. I will endeavour to respond to any questions you have within 24 hours but please bear in mind. I am rather busy at the moment. Thank you for looking and best of luck.”

First two paragraphs, simple copy and paste from google describing and beefing the item up nicely.

Third paragraph - yeah this is fucked, full disclosure. Good luck.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19437
    edited October 2023
    ^ How do you "strum yoghurt or loud" ?
    Genuinely baffled, not stirred, shaken or whipped into a frenzy...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386

It should go for a bargain price. Iid1878 Ve.

The lid1878 Ve. That well known dual triode, a direct replacement for the ECC83. If that's a Mullard you've basically made your money back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He must be dictating his descriptions while drunk: “You have to strum yoghurt or loud” :lol: 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He’s a bit rum ,all is ad’s sound like the ones above 
      He’s inviting people to come & try things now ! What’s he done with the fleas 
  • ...He’s inviting people to come & try things now ! What’s he done with the fleas 
    They fled.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom