F***ing eBay w***ers!

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7306
    post not possible weight 34kg but if you come up with something I'll consider it

Can we buy it for collection and then say “I have a severe flea allergy, is it a problem to come to your house?”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 571
    For the record . . . I fucking hate eBay ! !  . . . . Sorry to hear that you've been eBayed . . !
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2623
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader
    If I win this bid I wonder if Fiftyshadesofjay would mind collecting it for me?
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I win this bid I wonder if Fiftyshadesofjay would mind collecting it for me?
    As long as you provide the hazmat suit 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4398
    I had a quick look at the listing yesterday, and now ebay's mithering me to buy it :lol:

It's up to £5.50 if anyone's wondering. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randella said:
    I had a quick look at the listing yesterday, and now ebay's mithering me to buy it :lol:

Is it you guys submitting tiny incremental bids? Be careful: you might win it ;)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    edited October 2023
    I still keep chuckling at "can be seen and heard"

might ask him if it can be tasted

actually I recall when I had an Artisan 15 it did smell particularly nice when it was warmed up
  • The case has now been closed by eBay thank god. Good luck and happy bidding everyone! 
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4398
    randella said:

Is it you guys submitting tiny incremental bids? Be careful: you might win it ;)
    Hahaha no, not me at any rate. Our old cat, having never had fleas in his life, gave us an infestation in the 15th and sadly final year of his life. Like his parting shot, bless him. 

It took us weeks of cleaning and noxious solvents to get rid, fuckin nightmare. I certainly don’t want that back again!
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1469
    The case has now been closed by eBay thank god. Good luck and happy bidding everyone! 

Wonderful news.

Now buy it back off him, live with it for a week and return it as faulty.  Show him what it's like to be on the receiving end of someone abusing Ebay's policies.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The case has now been closed by eBay thank god. Good luck and happy bidding everyone! 
    Excellent...see you next time.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1565
    The case has now been closed by eBay thank god. Good luck and happy bidding everyone! 
    Thank goodness. I am very happy for you. 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1565
    edited October 2023
    Just so you know, I’ll be keeping an eye out for those noise reducing EL84 fleaman brought from the US… because if he’s selling the amp, why keep the valves. 

Right? 

Right???
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28086
    prlgmnr said:
    I still keep chuckling at "can be seen and heard"

might ask him if it can be tasted

You know what it would taste of, right?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1609
    edited October 2023
    Fleas provide the best tone. Just ask your average 90s funk rock crossover act. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2866
    Yorkie said:
    Ok, I think we've underestimated ChatGPT.

Write an ebay ad for a Blackstar Artisan 30 Handwired 30W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo:

Watch and learn, fleaman. Watch and learn.
    So when asked to write an ad, Chat GPT automatically assumes it's in excellent condition?  
    It's so intelligent it's become presumptuous.   
    Chat GPT lies - how very interesting for disciples of this technology 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27867
    Do you think he's ship to Abu Dhabi...? :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28086
    Do you think he's ship to Abu Dhabi...? :D 
    Don't be silly - way too heavy to ship out there.

But maybe he'd deliver if you asked him nicely?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    edited October 2023
    I am very much warming to the title of this thread 'f-ing-ebay-w-ers'  as I have just put some stuff up on ebay.

Please excuse thread hijack but...may I?

1) Listed 2x reel to reel test tapes on ebay which I bought at great expense last year to set up/align an old reel to reel.  They worked, job done, my old music tapes sound as they should on it so I put the pair on ebay for bargain price. Tapes are for a) wow and flutter and b) azimuth alignment, and have a straightforward simple single pitch test tone on each.

2) Got this message;
    'Hi, what is the eq curve??
    IEC
    CCIR
    CCIR weighted
    NAB
    NAB adjusted
    Or other!'

3)  Eq curve? I look through all the paperwork which came with the tapes and there's nothing about any eq curve so I reply;
    'Thankyou for your query.  I am unable to answer your question as there is no mention of any eq curve or of the terms you mention in your message. However these tapes were used to (very successfully) adjust and align an Akai 4000D tape recorder.'

4) And get this answer today;
    'I looked further at your ad and checked against the standard, the eq for the 4000 series is NAB, so using what you have a DIN tape to set the HF bias and level will be incorrect, you need NAB (despite the deck not showing eq adjust) I need CCIR so the tapes won't be any use to me either, good luck matey.'

If he knows it's a 'DIN tape' why did he message me in the 1st place?  Does a simple test tone have an eq curve?  And how about that 'either'?

Not anywhere near as bad as the unbelievable hassle the OP had but......bah...what a smartarsed git. I don't care if he's right about the sodding eq curve, my old music tapes sound just as they should when played back on the recorder and I've digitally archived them now.  Among them are various live bands I recorded myself and the good ones sound bloody amazing, correct eq curve or not.

Rant over, apologies for thread hijack!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mind you, it's not just eBay. I've had a few idiotic and time wasting approaches from "interested" buyers on this forum as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom