Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Walked out of a gig last night..

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• CaseOfAce said:
    rlw said:
    rlw said:
    And this is where part of the cost of JoBo tickets goes - getting the sound just right.   Loud but not too loud, crystal clear but never strident, as well balanced as sitting on the sofa at home listening to the live album.  And every line of the vocals audible.

Saw him at Greenwich Meantime - outdoors, windy night - and the sound was perfect.  You could almost hear when he changed picks but it was never tiring.

What?! We have to pay extra for decent sound?! Not buying that, sorry…

Its part of the package so not exactly extra.  He could have rented backline and make the best of it but that's not his way.

All I'm saying is that he brings some well fancy kit with him and has proper sound people who know him and his sound, so he's not reliant on the local soundman.  And that costs.  And it's worth it.
    I walked out of a Joe Bonamassa gig at a tiny club back when he was first emerging - not because the sound was bad - I was bored. He was doing this acoustic interlude in the middle and doing this hammering on and pull off thing and I thought ..after an avalanche of cliched blues material I've had enough of this. The owner wasn't best impressed but..hey .. it's my choice / my money.

Then again I saw Black Country Communion a few years back at Hammersmith Odeon and thought Jo Bo played some phenomenal guitar with them. That solo on Cold is superb he does - and One Last Soul . Wow!!. It helps that they have a) great tunes and b) Glen Hughes.
    They even take a Bonamassa tune and make it so much better - Ballad Of John Henry- off the Live In Europe album. It's so much ....bigger ... with more intent to it...

I think he's much better as a rock guitarist than as a bluesman - but it's just not the genre he wants to be recognised for. A real shame...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiFBKCPJMbs
    https://youtu.be/Mtf_b9Re1F4?si=E7AzEpkxurvAfy1K

That’s my favourite JoBo solo

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    cruxiform said:
    Habanero said:
    I walked out of Motley Crue at Wembley Arena. I wasn't really a fan, but I did like the support acts White Lion and Skid Row. As it happened MC took the stage so late I would have likely missed the last train home if I stayed, so left after 3 songs.
    How weird, I was just about to post about that gig! It was '89 wasn't it?

I fell asleep during White Lion's set, the only time I have at a gig.
    Yes I believe it was. Those were the days!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom