Greta Van Fleet - revisited

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Reverend said:
    There are just so many bands doing the 70s rock thing so much better than them
    Who? And why does it have to be a competition? Can they not just be accepted for who they are? 
    The point being that people are talking about them as if there haven't been loads of really good bands treading the same path before them, and doing it better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    There are just so many bands doing the 70s rock thing so much better than them
    Not trying to pick a fight but please let me know your top 3 Rev.  I'm a huger 70s rock fan but like to buy something slightly more contemporary at times too.
    I'm expecting a mention of Hallas.
    yeah, Excerpts from a future past is killer, they were amazing live. They also rock a cape well. Witchcraft s/t was a game changer for the whole 70s revival. Graveyard were great live but Magus had the songs. Blood Ceremony always deliver live and on record The Want - Greatest Hits Vol 5 is an obscure gem. Very much the heavy side of Zep.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    ^^ I've listened to a couple of the Hallas albums but they haven't won me over yet, I'll keep trying. :)  I love Blood Ceremony and Witchcraft, Graveyard I find a bit too garage-rock.  Then there's Wucan, Devil Electric, Ruby the Hatchet, Lucifer... all have a bit of a '70s vibe I think.  I seem to like bands with female vocalists.  And The Vintage Caravan, they're excellent.  Probably loads more I'm forgetting.
  • Gracias folks - Hallas isn’t my bag , by 70s rock I mean stuff like Pat Travers , Ted Nugent , early ZZ top etc . I’ll Google the rest later though
    Gracias folks - Hallas isn’t my bag , by 70s rock I mean stuff like Pat Travers , Ted Nugent , early ZZ top etc . I’ll Google the rest later though
    Horisont, Troubled Horse, Spellbook

IF you want guitar playing of that caliber then Bill Steer from Carcass is a monster player and when not inventing Grindcore and Melodeath is a killer 70s style player; Genteman's Pistols and Firebird. 
  • Fantastic - thanks Rev
  • yockyyocky Frets: 809
    Gracias folks - Hallas isn’t my bag , by 70s rock I mean stuff like Pat Travers , Ted Nugent , early ZZ top etc . I’ll Google the rest later though
    How about a bit of Cory Hanson? Plenty of 70s goodness going on. I can't get on with GVF either, much prefer the Ty Segall flavour of revivalism.