Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol, 25th February 2024

What's Hot

Comments

• roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    In contrast to @roberty ;) I find that next week is coming around a little too quickly. Still hoping that some kind soul will take on the Fortunate Son bass role that I rashly put my name against!
    Mate I can do that. I've got an extra week! 
    I'll include the change at the next update of the song list.

Do we need to start paying, which will also function as a last role call, so we know who can definitely make it?

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10895
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    In contrast to @roberty ;) I find that next week is coming around a little too quickly. Still hoping that some kind soul will take on the Fortunate Son bass role that I rashly put my name against!
    Mate I can do that. I've got an extra week! 
    I'll include the change at the next update of the song list.

Do we need to start paying, which will also function as a last role call, so we know who can definitely make it?

I'll chase for the invoice again lol. It's £120ish from memory. They did confirm that we are definitely booked last week. They were pretty hot on getting half upfront before but they must trust us now since we've been a few times
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 90
    @roberty the most important question of all is whether they will be serving fresh coffee?! 
  • Brocco said:
    @roberty the most important question of all is whether they will be serving fresh coffee?! 
    No the most important question is, will we have the combination to the outside loo :)
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Brocco said:
    No the most important question is, will we have the combination to the outside loo :)
    I won't post it here cos I think this section of the forum is public but I can include everyone on a DM and send it that way

I've just paid the invoice for Sunday, it was £132 in total. I've scraped 13 usernames from the setlist sheet:

Have I missed anyone?

I have excluded @bertie because he sliced his finger up. @bertie you are welcome to pop in and say hi, and sing if you want
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 811
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    I won't post it here cos I think this section of the forum is public but I can include everyone on a DM and send it that way

I've just paid the invoice for Sunday, it was £132 in total. I've scraped 13 usernames from the setlist sheet:

Have I missed anyone?

I have excluded @bertie because he sliced his finger up. @bertie you are welcome to pop in and say hi, and sing if you want
    Thank you Roberty. 

Group DM worked well last time. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    I may be OK as its not as bad as my "inner cry-baby" thought,  and Wilf's offered to sing, but only along with a blues harp (he actually does)

happy to cough up some £  or I'll bring some biscuits..................................

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    I may be OK as its not as bad as my "inner cry-baby" thought,  and Wilf's offered to sing, but only along with a blues harp (he actually does)

happy to cough up some £  or I'll bring some biscuits..................................

Okay mate with 14 of us it works out to £9.43

I'll set up a DM later in case anyone else pipes up. I can send the toilet code around then too lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Looks ok to me.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    On the subject of facilites, I'm thinking about sustenance for the day and don't know Firebird at all.  I've been assuming that I'll bring food and drink with me, but I see that the website claims they have an in-house cafe.  Any good?  Reasonable selection of goods?  Reasonably priced?
    BahHumbug said:
    On the subject of facilites, I'm thinking about sustenance for the day and don't know Firebird at all.  I've been assuming that I'll bring food and drink with me, but I see that the website claims they have an in-house cafe.  Any good?  Reasonable selection of goods?  Reasonably priced?
    It's more a tea and coffee and crisps and chocolates type thing. I would bring lunch unless you fancy a drive. They have a proper coffee machine though
  • BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    roberty said:
    BahHumbug said:
    It's more a tea and coffee and crisps and chocolates type thing. I would bring lunch unless you fancy a drive. They have a proper coffee machine though
    Great.  thanks for the clarification.
    Wilf's offered up box of bonio's  (chicken flavour)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @onlyonebradders usually kindly captures our efforts on video, but is unable to be with us this time. Does anyone have the required gear and the inclination (assuming we want to continue the tradition)?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    Brocco said:
    @onlyonebradders usually kindly captures our efforts on video, but is unable to be with us this time. Does anyone have the required gear and the inclination (assuming we want to continue the tradition)?
    Mmm...My Go Pro has some life but not much ....I can bring it anyway.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2205
    edited February 22
    spark240 said:
    Brocco said:
    We've prevously used a mobile phone perched on a music stand IIRC.

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2205
    edited February 24
    There's another update at the end of this post and the 'Google Sheets' list has also been updated in @Brocco's original post in this thread. Let me know if there are any errors or anything I've missed.

Update: @roberty on bass for Fortunate Son

Anyone can select a role that's already been taken, because we can do multiple run-throughs of songs with different line-ups. Also, anyone can take over from me on my bass roles if they want to.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list. Also, the spreadsheet has been updated at the link in the original post on this thread**

It's not a competition.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    roberty said:
    BahHumbug said:
    There's also a Starbucks, Greggs and a McDonalds 5 minutes' walk down the road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 22
    spark240 said:
    Brocco said:
    We've prevously used a mobile phone perched on a music stand IIRC.

We started that way for sure but latterly believe it was a digital camera with a video function on a tripod.
    mart said:
    roberty said:
    BahHumbug said:
    There's also a Starbucks, Greggs and a McDonalds 5 minutes' walk down the road.

and a Subway  IIRC  -