Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

AC/DC are back, and things have changed...

What's Hot
Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
edited October 2023 in Music
AC/DC are back, playing their first live shows for seven years.

Cliff and Brian are back in, Phil's back out (again), Brian has a big(ger) barrel belly... and Angus has white hair!  o

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not sure Brian's belly is altogether new.

'kin muppets with their phones.  It's criminal.  There ought to be a law.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    edited October 2023
    'kin muppets with their phones.  It's criminal.  There ought to be a law.
    There ought to be a whole lot more...  Yeah, sorry, it's one of the better clips I could find.

(Brian's belly comment acknowledged.  I have amended.)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited October 2023 tFB Trader
    Brian is 76!
    Angus is 68!

Not doing bad .......although I'm not sure Angus thought he'd be wearing a school uniform at this age when he started

Scary to think that the classic Donnington live album/video is 32 years old....think it was the last time I saw them live.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 404
    Tuned down a semitone I think.
  • WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 195
    edited October 2023
    I think all forms of media should be banned at gigs period. I am short at five foot six, I pay good money to have look at the back of someone’s phone. A few years ago I went to see Tool at Cardiff, there was a warning before the start not to film etc. they had people with laser polnters showing anyone with a phone. They were then swiftly ejected, I personally would like to see that happen more often.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Angus Young is gonna need to change his name.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Makes me laugh when you see people recording televised sporting events with their phone. You’ve paid to sit there to see it in person but you’re watching it on a smaller screen than had you just stayed at home.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    Makes me laugh when you see people recording televised sporting events with their phone. You’ve paid to sit there to see it in person but you’re watching it on a smaller screen than had you just stayed at home.
    Go with a mate, ask if they’re recording (which they will be). Enjoy the show, get a copy after, watch it once & never look at it again

In saying that i did get a copy of the Pixies Edinburgh gig in 2005 when they sold the CDs after which I occasionally put on & think, I was there. 

Anyway, back on topic…
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937
    I always find it odd when bands almost become a tribute band of themselves. No Malcolm then no AC/DC in my opinion. Isn't is often said go out on top leaving the audience wanting more. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Great band. Amazing band. Sad that we lost Malcolm though.
    Brian is 76!
    Angus is 68!

Not doing bad .......although I'm not sure Angus thought he'd be wearing a school uniform at this age when he started

Scary to think that the classic Donnington live album/video is 32 years old....think it was the last time I saw them live.
    I saw them at the previous Donington show, 1981(?), but I've seen them a couple of times since.  Most recently at Wembley stadium, I've no idea what year but it doesn't seem that long ago.

I personally think Angus should have hung up the school suit many years ago, I also wouldn't shed any tears if the band chose to gracefully retire... but they're still successful, they (presumably) still enjoy it, so it's not for me to say.
  • yockyyocky Frets: 809
    I know it's a bit a of a cliche to point out that Malcolm's parts were played pretty clean, but Stevie almost sounds like he's picked up an acoustic there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • No Malcolm *and* no Phil means it just doesn’t feel right. Having said that, a lot of the clips I’ve seen sound radically different from each other so I guess it may have sounded awesome in the venue. I wonder what state Phil is in these days. Honestly we all love Mal but it was the whole rhythm section that made them special, and Phil was as crucial as Mal. Which I guess is an obvious point - great bands were great because collectively they were great together :)

Last time I saw them was Hampden probably for Black Ice, and I thought they were ok but didn’t really enjoy the stadium experience. Even the times I’d seen them at the SECC had a better vibe, and that was a venue with legendarily shit sound quality. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    yocky said:
    I know it's a bit a of a cliche to point out that Malcolm's parts were played pretty clean, but Stevie almost sounds like he's picked up an acoustic there.
    Was gonna ask why he’s playing through a Boss AC2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought Brian was going to go deaf if he played another show?
    I thought Brian was going to go deaf if he played another show?
    He's been working with people who make in-ear monitors to design a new system which protects his hearing, apparently.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1338
    edited October 2023
    Philly_Q said:
    He's been working with people who make in-ear monitors to design a new system which protects his hearing, apparently.
    I couldn't help but notice the 8 x 10 Ampeg speaker cab behind Cliff Williams head. Legendary for being loud - they had an interview with their sound guy - all those Marshall cabs behind them are in use - they ain't dummy cabs.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    I know it's irrational and we've heard it a million times but whenever Angus kicks into a solo I still get very excited. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Oh. Great! Might get to see them again then. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11708
    What leads you to believe he hasn't?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom