Rival Sons U.K. tour

What's Hot
Went to see Rival Sons play last night, still a few dates on the tour in case anyone is thinking of going. 

Quite possibly one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to, that dude can seriously sing ! It’s like a punch to the chest when he screams in tracks like Rapture etc. 

the set list is great a good mixture of old and new.  Highlights are the new songs which all just sounded great, and of course Scott’s guitar collection ! There isn’t a guitar I wouldn’t have wanted to own.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6816
    I saw them last night as well and off to Cambridge gig on friday.

They were great, the support LA Edwards less so - not sure why they didnt get the crowd going (lots of slow guitar changes between songs and mumbling into the mic)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    I saw them last night as well and off to Cambridge gig on friday.

They were great, the support LA Edwards less so - not sure why they didnt get the crowd going (lots of slow guitar changes between songs and mumbling into the mic)
    The drummer did a good solo I thought but when the rest of the support band came in, it almost fell apart. I thought they seemed a bit unsure of themselves, keyboard player was having the best time though ! 

Did you go into the Stalls for the Rivals gig or balcony ? 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• I would like to go to Cambridge on Friday, tempted to see if they have tickets 

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    edited October 2023
    Was Scott Holiday using Helix could you tell?
  • I couldn’t See, but I’m sure from the gig rundowns etc that he is. Definitely a few nice Supro amps on the stage though 

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Seen them in Leeds on their last tour, great live band 
    edited October 2023
    Top left supro amp was a dummy (as the lights were shining through the grille so no speakers inside). Interesting cab micing and sound baffle arrangement though - dummy cab fronts to keep the rock and roll look, but avoid audience being blasted!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_8278.jpeg 370.1K
  • Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11704
    Went to see Rival Sons play last night, still a few dates on the tour in case anyone is thinking of going. 

Quite possibly one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to, that dude can seriously sing ! It’s like a punch to the chest when he screams in tracks like Rapture etc. 

the set list is great a good mixture of old and new.  Highlights are the new songs which all just sounded great, and of course Scott’s guitar collection ! There isn’t a guitar I wouldn’t have wanted to own.
    Currently one of my fave bands but I won't get to see them this year I'm afraid.  They're on my bucket list however.
    Offset said:

Currently one of my fave bands but I won't get to see them this year I'm afraid.  They're on my bucket list however.
    Yesterday was my 6th gig since 2015 and they get better every time - well worth getting to see them live.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • It’s definitely in my top 5 gigs.  I would also say they have become one of my favourite bands. They really should be huge ! 

edited October 2023
    Re-live it here until the video gets pulled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALxXM7F17Q

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    A band I would love to see live! 
  • mrkb said:
    Re-live it here until the video gets pulled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALxXM7F17Q

Legend ! Thanks for that 

Can see dummy cab in top left (light shining through from back) and Helix setup in that video. So hes running Helix amp sims into real cabs?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 1.5M
  • mrkb said:
    Can see dummy cab in top left (light shining through from back) and Helix setup in that video. So hes running Helix amp sims into real cabs?

Yes I think on one of the rundowns it talks about splitting it 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22856
    I always confuse Rival Sons with Vintage Trouble. 
    I wish there was some way I could remember which was which, like Ant and Dec always standing in the correct order.
  • Philly_Q said:
    I always confuse Rival Sons with Vintage Trouble. 
    I wish there was some way I could remember which was which, like Ant and Dec always standing in the correct order.
    I’ve never really tried them. Will give the band a listen 

• Off to have a listen to what all the fuss is about....
  • What was the sound like? I saw them at the Usher Hall in 2019 and there was so much kick drum in the mix it ruined it for me.