Voxman is doing the 100 push ups a day challenge for Cancer Research UK - need your help everyone!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
edited October 2023 in Off Topic
Hi everybody, hope everyone and families are all well wave

I’m on a facebook group and we’re all going to do 100 push-ups a day bow throughout the whole month of November to raise money for cancer research.  I think we probably sadly all know someone who’s been impacted directly or even indirectly by this horrible disease so I thought I’d try & do my bit.  And who knows – maybe by the end of November carrying all my guitar gear might be that little bit easier! 

My Cancer Research UK tee-shirt is on its way and I’ll post some pics on the facebook page in due course!

This is the first time I’ve done anything quite like this and at my age, 66  (and state of unfitness  - yup, I’m in ‘training’ already! ) it’s not easy... but then nothing worth doing ever is.

It would be absolutely wonderful if you could please, PLEASE support me – no donation is too big or too small.  As Tesco says ‘every little helps’.  

The giving page link is below – there’s even a pic of me playing guitar, so you’ll know it’s me (and the facebook page link is here so you know this is all bonafide: https://www.facebook.com/groups/684648890193135/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=710484160942941  )

My Giving link (This is the important one!):

Thanks so much everybody in advance and let's all try & beat cancer together. 

Best to everyone – & rock on!rockindude
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20601
    Good call, we need video evidence of your suffering dedication  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Well done on the effort! I can do about 10 at a go. Always been rubbish at press-ups, I don't know how people can do so many.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3273
    Donated.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited October 2023
    blobb said:
    Donated.
    Bless you sir!  3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited October 2023
    axisus said:
    Well done on the effort! I can do about 10 at a go. Always been rubbish at press-ups, I don't know how people can do so many.
    It's just making a start and building up the strength. I've been doing this for the last two weeks and was struggling to do 20 in one go.  I was able to do 48 in one go this morning, an hour later did 42 and then 10 half an hour after. I did hit 50 in one go on Friday but could only do 49 in one go Saturday.  I'm doing at least 100 every day.  I'm trying to work up to two sessions and breaking the barrier of 50 each, but it's really tough.

By the end of November I'd love to be able to build my strength and stamina such that I could do 100 in a single go like I used to be able to do 40 years ago. But I'm 66 and overweight so that might be a bit unrealistic.  

I'll ask my wife to vid me and will post on my giving page once I'm a bit fitter!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Donated a few quid. I'm doing the RideLondon 100 miler in May next year for Macmillan.

I've lost my Mum and little brother to this wretched disease so anything to help towards finding a cure is heroic in my book. Nice one @Voxman ;
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1647
    Great effort @Voxman stick with it beyond November and you'll really enjoy the benefits 
    Donated a few quid. I'm doing the RideLondon 100 miler in May next year for Macmillan.

I've lost my Mum and little brother to this wretched disease so anything to help towards finding a cure is heroic in my book. Nice one @Voxman ;
    Thanks so much mate, and I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm hoping that all the funding we raise really makes a difference so that families don't suffer such heart breaking loss. 
    edited October 2023
    dano said:
    Great effort @Voxman stick with it beyond November and you'll really enjoy the benefits 
    Any benefit for me will be a nice side effect, but I mainly just want to try and do something to help fight this terrible disease in all its forms. 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Well done mate, good cause. Lost far too many to the vile disease :( 

Good luck! Let us know how its going.. I cant even do 3 in a row so I'd be useless at the challenge!!! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Good call, we need video evidence of your suffering dedication  ;)
    I think you were right the first time ! lol
    skunkwerx said:
    Well done mate, good cause. Lost far too many to the vile disease :( 

Good luck! Let us know how its going.. I cant even do 3 in a row so I'd be useless at the challenge!!! 
    Some of the folk are putting vids up so I'll ask my good lady to film me do a session. I might even do some with a guitar on my back!  :o

Did two sessions this morning, 45 and 35 so I'll do more this afternoon and before I go to bed to try & get my strength & stamina up. I'm definitely not as young as I used to be.  I look back now to the days in my early twenties when I used to be a fairly strong boy & even though I'm little (only 5'7") I could carry a 74lb Vox AC30 up/down stairs, in/out cars - looking back, it must have been someone else!  =)   
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    Donated.  We need the video though. ;)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    edited October 2023
    rlw said:
    Donated.  We need the video though.
    Thank you sooo much for your very kind donation @rlw.I'm going to do a 'fun' (hmm) vid once my Cancer Relief UK T-shirt arrives, with my Harley Benton TE52NA Tele in Thomann gig bag on my back that with strap & bag weighs c11lb  just to make life interesting! o - & I've sent Thomann an email to ask if they might possibly be prepared to sponsor me/donate something too.  

Goodness knows this is hard enough anyway but with another 11lbs on my back I must be stark raving bonkers o - but hey, it's for a really worthwhile & important charity and it gives a fun guitar theme for all you wonderful people who have donated & (hopefully) those kind folk who are going to donate.  I think if I can do maybe double figures like that I'm going to be doing really well!! 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    I don't think I could do more than about three or four these days.  I need to get some fitness back but I don't think I'll do it this way....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    edited October 2023
    Bit of a shame, Thomann replied saying they weren't able to support.  I was really hoping they would see it was a fun idea for a good cause and that they might do something.   .  Oh well, I tried. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Now you know why most normal people just grow a moustache. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20601
    Now you know why most normal people just grow a moustache
    Alert! Major description conflict  B-)
    Yay - got my Cancer Research UK T-shirt today & I'll do a vid over the weekend.  :)
    edited October 2023
    Hi everyone

A couple of pics and a vid of some push-ups to come, just got to sort out the link... But after the footie!