Best natural, transparent, edge of break up pedal?

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2249
    A steal At £435  !!!

Kingsley Page DS Tube Boost V2 2017 - Present - White https://reverb.com/item/68434628

or 295 usd directly from Simon Sharratt (+ postage)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Super8Super8 Frets: 17
    As always, what works for you will depend on your own unique set up (amp, pickups, other pedals etc), your target sound, your ears, and even your playing style/technique, so what works for others might not work for you. For what it's worth, I've been through the DOD 250, EHX Soul Food, Nobels ODR-1 and a few other low gain drives, they were all OK, but I keep coming back to my Carl Martin DC Drive with the gain turned all the way down. I have the older 2 switch version with the useful clean boost channel. It has a wide ranging EQ and a regular/fat toggle switch - so it's easy to dial in a whole load of overdrive sounds, but it is particularly great for dialling in a dynamic, edge of break up sound with my Traynor and Fender amps. It's cheap, and underated in my opinion, (probably because it's cheap). It has a fair amount of useable gain available but I usually leave it set on its minimum gain setting and run a fuzz into it for when I need more saturated filth! Lovely :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Most of the time I am using my 335 and never really thought much of the Caline Pure sky that many raved about, but last night I tried the Pure sky with my Strat and 5E3 clone and sounded great
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29052
    MetalZone. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    Fishboy7 said:
    A steal At £435  !!!

Kingsley Page DS Tube Boost V2 2017 - Present - White https://reverb.com/item/68434628
    or 295 usd directly from Simon Sharratt (+ postage)
    Only a 6 week wait too … I’m on the list!  :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7693
    Lebarque said:
    Quick update: Tried a Lightspeed. Similar to my old Timmy. Not quite what I want. I think I'm now veering towards something more like a cranked amp or a preamp.

I've ordered an Earthquaker Special Cranker to try and the Origin DCX boost looks interesting too. Thx for the suggestions. I've had a Benson Preamp before, but didn't bond with it. Maybe I should try it again.

Onwards and upwards. Keep the suggestions coming. Cheers.
    Barber Gain Changer may be worth checking out - different than the Lightspeed (I have both) and actually covered a huge range of ground - not just the low gain stuff - thanks to the two gain modes
    Red ones are better. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1935
    Revival Drive Compact. Use the More/Presence control to control how the breakup occurs.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3958
    Gassage said:
    Kingsley Page by a country mile.
    We have a winner. Still in the honeymoon period, but I love it so far. Cheers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom