E-Bay Fkin Wankers Pt 2

What's Hot
nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1544
Recently sold my little Milkman Amp on E-Bay, Before It goes out my door I gave it a once over,  Recorded it playing, Recoreded the serial number, Checked the valve was seated ok.

Arrives with the buyer and 30 minutes later he requests a "Not working" Return,
I share my number with him and ask him to send me a video of issue...

Video comes through...No speaker connected.. So i let him know..."You've got to plug a speaker in for it to work"

30 minutes lates, another video..this time with speaker cable connected and no sound. So I ask, Have you checked the valve is seated ect..

He responds, I'm a pro musician, you dont need to tell me how to use an amp.

So I accept the refund..

Amp comes back and the Valves been pulled from the socket..(Still in the amp, just not connected)

What a cnt!
0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1544
    Now, If he'd messaged and said...Amps not my cup of tea mate, I'd have probably said, "Cover the postage and send it back", Its a great amp and not a hardship to have it back!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    Friends don't let friends sell stuff on eBay in 2023... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • I can relate. What a bellend 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1466
    Put his Ebay username on here so we can add to our blocklists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh dear! I’ve been lucky to not have bad experiences with music gear on eBay but have had two frustrating sales for other stuff: a buyer who left negative feedback on an iPhone sale because the (stock!) charger ‘wasn’t fast enough’ and a buyer who bought an N64 game and was annoyed it needed a memory pak to save games…
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1169
    A man who has to say ‘I’m a pro musician’ is no pro musician 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    I like the milkman, It just i've all the fender cleans i need with my Princeton, so wanted to buy something SV20 looking with the £££
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 268
    I only do collection only with amps and give the choice of trying it out also come collection.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1169
    I’ve had nothing but grief selling amps online 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    Disappointing lack of flea infestations in this thread. 
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701 said:
    Now, If he'd messaged and said...Amps not my cup of tea mate, I'd have probably said, "Cover the postage and send it back", Its a great amp and not a hardship to have it back!!
    Buyers are aware that they don’t need to cover any costs if they don’t want to on eBay, so I’d say they’d still have stiffed you for postage both ways. It’s actually cheaper in some instances to try before you buy with eBay, because if you lie in line with eBay policy you pay no postage, whereas no MI retailer has a free return postage option, unless it’s genuinely faulty, and they have the right of review on that whereas on eBay you don’t. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 561
    That's what you get on EBay unfortunately. Someone who  uses the " I'm a pro phrase " usually isn't !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    “”PAL said:
    That's what you get on EBay unfortunately. Someone who  uses the " I'm a pro phrase " usually isn't !
    “I’m a pro…per twat.”

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Small victory/update, 

Contacted E-bay customer service, 

They have refunded me my return costs and I've managed to report the buyer.

Doubtful much will happen..
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    edited October 2023
    nero1701 said:
    Small victory/update, 

As they assess seller standings monthly, it might cancel out a potential strike against you (in the sense of having a ‘Not as described’ claim)? Either way, at least you got some cash back. 

In 20yrs on eBay, I’ve never had an issue buying or selling. Yet I remain super fucking anxious anytime I put anything on that’s of value. No personal experience, but people can be total pricks and not distinguish between private sellers and actual retailers. 

Edit: I’m not evangelising for eBay - quite the opposite!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12052
    I would leave feedback to say "Pro Musician that doesn't know how to work an amp" 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7749
    I see he is selling a Boss AC-3 in its plastic wrapper and in its box advertised as having had "little use".  I wonder if he knows that you need either a battery or PSU?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobacco said:
    nero1701 said:
    Small victory/update, 

As they assess seller standings monthly, it might cancel out a potential strike against you (in the sense of having a ‘Not as described’ claim)? Either way, at least you got some cash back. 

In 20yrs on eBay, I’ve never had an issue buying or selling. Yet I remain super fucking anxious anytime I put anything on that’s of value. No personal experience, but people can be total pricks and not distinguish between private sellers and actual retailers. 

Edit: I’m not evangelising for eBay - quite the opposite!
    The thing that stresses me out is when buyers frequently don’t confirm an expensive guitar has arrived safely. I get that from their perspective they’ve got what they wanted and are happy with it, but my stress levels are through the roof posting anything over £1k. 
  • Do you think the valve just popped out by itself? Seems kinda strange, mine never has.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom