Grab and Go

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73076
    Yorkie said:
    I reckon you could gig with a Peavey Studio Pro. They’re lighter than Bandits and sound similar. They’re good bedroom buddies too. 
    This, especially with a better speaker. I currently have an Eminence Li'l Texas neo in mine, which is both more efficient and lighter than the stock one, as well as much better-sounding. The amp now weighs only 33lb/15Kg, and I'm sure is loud enough to gig with even with a fairly loud drummer.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1544
    Or...I know its a head and cab, but very manageable.

Peavey Classic 20 Mini Head and a Greenback 1x12\

Power switching from 20-5-0.5

USB DAW out

DI out for desk with Cab sim

Earphone socket with speaker defeat.

Good reverb

The clean channel is lovely, and a real pedal platform. Not so keen on the drive side.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    merlin said:
    Quilter Aviator. US or UK Cub would be a good grab and go. 
    Yep, I have a Cub UK and it's just ridiculously easy to grab and cart anywhere. It's about 20lb, sounds great at home, loud enough to gig almost anywhere. Looks rather plain though - strangely drab brown grillcloth. The US one looks better, but I'm a sucker for Voxy sounds.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    Mesa Express 5:25+
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    StefB said:
    Mesa Express 5:25+
    Came here to say exactly this.

Mine’s the original (not +) version (which means it has a “contour”  control for each channel which boosts lows and highs to add extra thump & sparkle rather than the graphic eq) in 1x10 combo form.

It’s about as Grab’n’Go as you can get[1], easy to use, sounds great, versatile enough to cover pretty much every genre, loud enough that if you need more you’ll almost certainly have proper PA and monitoring available anyway, and has been absolutely rock solid reliable for over 10 years now…

[1] Load in/out for me at the moment is almost invariably a single trip to/from the car with the Mesa in my left hand, a pair of guitars in gig bags in my right hand, and a pedal board in a soft case with leads etc tucked into a pocket under my right arm 
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • NickBNickB Frets: 280
    Cornell Romany 12. The end.  =)
  • Lazy j j20 with vac and reverb? 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5908
    The Tremlord is a fantastic amp for the Fender style clean and lush thing. The reverb was always more than enough for me and the Trem deeper and bigger than a Deluxe Reverb. Totally unlike anything else from Orange. It’s not unpleasant at all when driven hard either but it’s no Tweed. 

If light weight and convenience are big on your list, then the Tone Master range are well worth a listen to. The same as the valve versions, not quite. Great sounding amps in their own way, most definitely. 
  • FayeFaye Frets: 127
    CaseOfAce said:
    Grab and Go to me means something like a 10kg Fender Pro Junior (but unfortunately it's a 10 inch speaker with no reverb).

Best sounding small amp imo, especially the Mark IV with the Jenson speaker. I bought one as a practice tool, and have found myself using it in preference to my much posher Bogner and Carr amps. The simplicity of it just works for my playing. I use a Keeley Dynatrem for reverb and trem. 

Don't know what's gone wrong with the quote box - wouldn't let me delete it.