Yosemite

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2421
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
Anyone downloaded it yet?  If so, what are your thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7178
    Yup.

Works fine on my Mac.

Fast and stable so far.

Plus Mail is a lot better and works properly at last.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    stonevibe said:
    Yup.

Works fine on my Mac.

Fast and stable so far.

Plus Mail is a lot better and works properly at last.
    Ooh, what have they changed about Mail? I'm getting desperate with the version I have. From being a fantastic tool, it's now almost impossible to use - hides messages, won't print at a legible font-size and is just a pain all round.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27303
    IT's good, though there's a bug that's hitting some people's wifi speeds (me included..)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    No chance. My Apogee Duet firmware takes ages to come out once new OS is released, I'm still on Lion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2421
    edited October 2014
    IT's good, though there's a bug that's hitting some people's wifi speeds (me included..)
    Is it really bad? It'd wind me up if the bug slows things down too much.  Might wait until that one gets fixed.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27303
    It's fine - just one in 3 pages loading a bit slow and some videos take a while. 

Bit of a pain but will probably be fixed in a small update pretty soon.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7178
    Mail always used to hang and not log out properly, plus messages would take ages to come in.

Its fixed all those old issues.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1111
    No problems here, runs sweet.

It's taking a little time to adjust to the new look.

I've turned on 'reduce transparency' and 'increase contrast' in Accessibility, it looks better to me that way YMMV.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
    edited October 2014
    Deijavoo said:
    No chance. My Apogee Duet firmware takes ages to come out once new OS is released, I'm still on Lion.

I though Apogee were supposed to be Mac only?  So what is the holdup?

I just checked and my Scarlett 18i20 apparently works ok with Yosemite but I can't see any reason to go yet.  Everything seems to be working fine for me on Mavericks.
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    My M-audio Profire wouldn't work.....no driver update yet either, but I found a forum that had a fix by going through 'terminal' and it's all good now

no other problems as yet
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2421
    [...] I can't see any reason to go yet.  Everything seems to be working fine for me on Mavericks.
    This is what I'm thinking. Seems like it was only 5 minutes ago I installed Mavericks.  Still, I'm intrigued by the latest OS and will probably click the download button before long.
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    If you are running any Native Instruments software or hardware then don't upgrade to Yosemite.
    They are warning against it at the moment.

To be honest, anyone that does not check to see if their chosen software developers have approved a new OS is asking for trouble.
    So many people just jump head first into a new OS dazzled by new widgets and pretty colours. As well as that people seem to think that issues with a current OS will simply disappear with a new one...!!!

I'm holding off for a while.
    (the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72719
    Deijavoo said:
    Will it not run on Mountain Lion? I had a lot of trouble with Lion, but ML cured it completely and has been extremely stable, so I have been very reluctant to upgrade again...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Excuse me, my apologies I actually meant ML.
  • A good tip for anyone who is worried about audio gear/plugins is to check the gearslutz music computers forum. There are usually plenty of people who jump early there so you might as well let them find the bugs for you.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11947
    I just killed my OS by enabling Trim!
  • It seems stable and quick but is memory hungry.  Cant see that many "new features"so not entirely sure what the fuss is 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11947
    It seems stable and quick but is memory hungry.  Cant see that many "new features"so not entirely sure what the fuss is 
    It brings the whole OSX and iOS closer together with handsoff being the bigger feature, it is also more locked down than ever before, hence Trim didn't work, i got it fixed now but annoying.
  • Downloaded it on Friday, I was on Snow Leopard. Apart from iPhoto not opening, and not being able to download the update from the App Store to make it work, everything seems pretty sweet. 

I also downloaded the Apogee update, so my Duet works too:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    Only finally updated to Mavericks about 5 weeks ago! FFS!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom