Comments

• TuffsetTuffset Frets: 44
    edited February 27
    [Deleted]
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tuffset said:

Hello Fretboard!

We’re really looking forward to seeing some of you at The Guitar Show UK this weekend, where we will be on Stand 93a. We’ve been building the much-discussed Tuffset Demo Guitar and you are all very welcome to come and have a go!

I’m so excited to share with you that the Tuffset Bridge will be available for pre-order on Saturday and Sunday at the show, alongside interactive exhibits so you can experience adjusting the bridge firsthand.

The first 24 pre-orders will also receive a free limited run Tuffset poster to take home on the day!

The bridges are currently in production and we anticipate a shipping date of 20th April to fulfil all pre-orders - exact terms and conditions will be detailed on launch.

We will be making a new post each day until then revealing some key aspects of the design, so keep your eyes locked to the Tuffset Instagram account.

Like any good book, we’re kicking off the pre-order launch with the contents - of the box, that is. Everything you need to set up the Tuffset Bridge is included:

• Tuffset Bridge

• Product Box with Protective Insert

• 18-page Fully Illustrated Tuffset Installation Guide

• Tuffset Pick

• Small Ball-Headed Allen Key for Saddle Adjustment (Nickel)

• Large Allen Key for Post Adjustment (Black)

• Two Locking Followers

• Two Spare Locking Followers

Even if you can’t make the show, if you’re on the Mailing List you will receive a link on Tuesday the 5th March to pre-order your own Tuffset Bridge with a discount code that will let you secure the bridge for a once-in-a-lifetime price. 

It’s our way of saying a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to everyone on this forum who has followed this project and contributed to its development. Thanks to your kindness, patience and enthusiasm, the Tuffset dream is now finally coming true.

I’ll make a post about the demo guitar here separately, it’s got some cool features that might be familiar to GuitarForm fans!

Cheers and take care!

Dan

@ Jason and @digitalkettle - it wouldn't be a launch post if I didn't have to go back and manically edit everything twice!

Thanks for the heads-up, should be fixed in the OP now - and I also managed to tag The Guitar Show too, cheers Jason!

@stickyfiddle, absolutely! I can't wait for you to try one - but hopefully enough Fretboarders will be at the show that someone will write up a review!
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1304
    What’s the consensus?
    What’s the consensus?
    I hope people will come in and share their experiences soon, from our point of view it was overwhelmingly positive and everyone loved our show demo guitar Sergeant Brown! I don't want to put words in people's mouths, but the overall impression we got was that people were blown away and in disbelief that they couldn't get the thing to drop tuning despite trying so hard that we got through three top-E strings breaking at the ball-end from divebombing the Panorama vibrato (I need to check if there's a burr in the top E retainer on the vibrato unit, which was absolutely freshly installed on the guitar on Friday evening when it arrived from Fender!).

Anyone who played it, please share your thoughts here!! I know several of you were Fretboard forum members who had heard about it on here :)

Cheers and more to come!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    Very eager to hear about these and find out the release price, looks like it would be a good addition to my new JM. 
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1304
    edited March 4
    There is no reason to doubt that it wouldn’t perform. Rocking bridges set up right are very stable, and because everything is locked down there will be no rattles or buzzes. 

I’m most interested to hear what it sounds like compared to the competition. If I recall correctly when Mastery were in the prototyping stage they received the feedback that people were preferring brass to steel for the saddle material. I’d be curious to hear what the all steel construction on this does for the sound.
    Eagerly waiting on the launch email as I couldn’t make it to the guitar show @Tuffset… 
    Hi guys, the launch email is coming this evening! Keep one eye on your inbox and the other on your spam folder!

I've followed up with a few of the lovely people who came to say hello at TGSUK2024, and despite many still being exhausted following the event, I did receive the following testimonial from a wonderful chap by the name of Stevo (@stevo.guitaro on instagram) who played the Tuffset on our demo guitar, and I had a great chat with him at the show!

"Credit where it's due - you guys were actually my favourite exhibit of the day! Your knowledge and energy was infectious. The Tuffset Bridge drew me in straight away. A genuine improvement to the guitar - an improvement to the function and performance while disappearing under my hand. The attention to detail of both the design and machining produced a quality product that I'm sure you'll sell a lot of - best of luck!" - Stevo.guitaro

Colin from the Science of Loud YouTube channel (wearing an spectacular and equally loud Hawaiian shirt!) also came to visit and played the Tuffset, and was also really impressed and interesting to talk to! I'm hoping to follow up with him shortly, but I can only imagine he's really busy post-show too! We were also really pleased to see Bobby Jarvis Jr (@bobbyjarvisjr on instagram) towards the end of the day on Sunday, had a lovely long chat with him about our Vintage "mongrel" JMs and he played on the Tuffset for some time and was impressed - I don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, but it was really an amazing experience for everyone and so meaningful to have that positive feedback from so many people, a validation that we're on the right path and sharing in the Tuffset dream! Especially after many years of development and a long period of enforced secrecy when it was all easy to second-guess what we were doing. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27139
    Tuffset said:
    Hi guys, the launch email is coming this evening! Keep one eye on your inbox and the other on your spam folder!

Woop!!

Great to see good feedback from the off. I remember seeing the earliest days of this on OSG so it's fantastic to see it get this far. I'll be in with an order as soon as the email hits :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Reservation/order made, looking forward to giving this a go. :+1: 
    Thank you so much guys!! Seeing the orders come in tonight was really a humbling and special experience, I really can't wait to get these out to you!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27139
    Done! I'm the guy in Abu Dhabi :) 

Can't wait to try it 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4150
    Pre-order placed, I’ll try this out on my TVL and then likely on future builds from there 
  • Are there still some launch emails to come? I received an email on the 27th of Feb but didn't receive one yesterday / nothing in my spam folder?
    Are there still some launch emails to come? I received an email on the 27th of Feb but didn't receive one yesterday / nothing in my spam folder?
    There seems to have been a few issues with the mailer-bot, I messaged them direct yesterday eve and got the code through that way instead.
    Yeah if anyone wants the code, send me a PM!

Thank you so much for all your pre-orders guys, the launch is going great and we've had emails from loads of channels and magazines that want to review / feature the bridge! So there will be more Tuffset content to come soon!

Cheers to everyone involved, it's been overwhelming!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mine should be arriving tomorrow -really looking forward to getting this on my Daniel’s Jazzmaster. 
    Mine arrived on Saturday while I was out, and is now installed on my TVL Jazz. It’s a lovely blooming thing indeed, the machining is top-notch and install was a breeze. :+1:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/clarkeguitars/3357071908820931125?
    Great bit of kit and dead easy to install and intonate. Pleased I ordered one!