Tuffset Bridge

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TuffsetTuffset Frets: 44
    edited April 30
    Day one gang!! Thank you so much for being a part of the launch guys, and for installing and posting about it on the first day! Your comments have really made this a special day, I hope the bridges continue to delight you! 

Just got this lovely testimonial via email (with pics!) and thought I'd share it here!

“I bought my Jazzmaster second-hand and the previous owner had supposedly had it set up by a tech…. When I got it, the only way I could stop the rattling in the bridge was to add 1.25 degrees of shim, which always felt like too much. The Tuffset arrived this morning, and wow! 

It's like night and day to the stock bridge, and the quality is absolutely superb!!! This is going to be a game changer. It seems to have solved a good few tremolo creaks that I was experiencing with the stock unit too - so win-win!

Now it's performing exactly how I expected it should. I've taken out the shims completely and it's working amazingly well.

Couldn't put the guitar down last night, so I’m a very happy chappy!”

-Paul Roberts

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28133
    I think mine arrives tomorrow. Can't wait!! 

The question now is whether it goes on the old silver JM or the newer old white Blaster... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3353

The question now is whether it goes on the old silver JM or the newer old white Blaster... 
    What…you only bought one???? Madness! 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

What…you only bought one???? Madness! 
    To be fair it's largely because I"m considering selling the Blaster.

But either way I'm 99% sure I'll have a Mastery going spare very shortly..!

\
    Hey dude! Did it arrive yet? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    I’m on day five now and I’ve barely put the JM down; interestingly my one already had Fender’s version of the StayTrem (as is standard for the TVL model), but I’m finding the TuffSet to have added/changed ‘something’ for the better - to my ears at least! I won’t pretend to quantify it just yet, and have no A/B comparisons to show, but I really like the bridge in practice :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tuffset said:

\
    Hey dude! Did it arrive yet? :)
    No. Still at the delivery hub.... which is KILLING ME!! 

(Entirely my own fault and not Tuffset's shippers - it arrived in the UK quickly but I'm in Abu Dhabi so use a forwarding service to bring stuff here. It's those guys being slow. I think they still have some backlog after the floods)
    edited May 3
    I’m on day five now and I’ve barely put the JM down; interestingly my one already had Fender’s version of the StayTrem (as is standard for the TVL model), but I’m finding the TuffSet to have added/changed ‘something’ for the better - to my ears at least! I won’t pretend to quantify it just yet, and have no A/B comparisons to show, but I really like the bridge in practice
    Amazing! I'm really glad you like it - it sounds similar to my experience when I first installed the prototype in my '65 a couple of years ago!

It went from being a "case queen" of sorts that I'd get out occasionally, sit and strum and look at, to being my everyday "pick up and play". Each time I'd walk past it I was at a serious risk of losing hours of my day!

Made me realise how many little niggles and issues I'd been playing "around" before, and they were all adding friction to the experience of ownership. With the Tuffset, I knew when I picked it up it would be locked in - no posts to raise up, not rattles to diagnose, no strings to reposition! Just to pick up a Jazzmaster and *know* it's got the goods and you can depend upon it was the biggest revelation for me!

Tuffset said:

\
    Hey dude! Did it arrive yet?
    No. Still at the delivery hub.... which is KILLING ME!! 

(Entirely my own fault and not Tuffset's shippers - it arrived in the UK quickly but I'm in Abu Dhabi so use a forwarding service to bring stuff here. It's those guys being slow. I think they still have some backlog after the floods)

Can't wait for you to try it!!

Dan
    edited May 4
    It's here! 

And it’s a LOVELY bit of kit.... super well engineered, easy to fit and setup, sounds great and is one of the most comfy bridges under the hand I’ve ever used, above everything except probably the 6-block-saddle Tele bridge, which is horrible but comfortable. And in terms of general physical quality it’s up with the very best kit I’ve had from Faber, Callaham, etc. 

And heckin good packaging & instructions too - no straw in sight!! Though if I have to pick *anything* that could be improved a cardboard insert instead of foam feels more "eco" (though this may be biodegradable foam in which I stand corrected and even more impressed!)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow love it!! I'm so glad you like it, thanks a million for the kind write-up. Is it alright to use your testimonial and photos for Instagram posts or customer gallery on the website?

I was originally going to do a cardboard insert (I was a packaging designer in a previous life) but with international shipping being so important, we wanted to be really sure of protecting the product in transit. It also has two points on the bottom of it and we were conscious any up/down movement could damage the tool bag and manual - but I think we will look into biodegradable alternatives in future.

The case is certainly reusable to store your old bridge, though. I have a couple of vintage Jazzmasters that have Tuffsets in them, and I designed the product box to be *just* shallow enough to fit inside a vintage case. So you can put your vintage / original bridge in there and keep it close to the guitar, and that way the adjustment tools and manual are handy if you should need to use them.

Cheers!

Dan
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3353
    Tuffset said:
    I designed the product box to be *just* shallow enough to fit inside a vintage case. So you can put your vintage / original bridge in there and keep it close to the guitar, and that way the adjustment tools and manual are handy if you should need to use them.
    Not that I’m surprised based on how impressed I am with the tuffset bridge, but that’s an incredible level of design detail.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 4
    Tuffset said:
    Wow love it!! I'm so glad you like it, thanks a million for the kind write-up. Is it alright to use your testimonial and photos for Instagram posts or customer gallery on the website?

I was originally going to do a cardboard insert (I was a packaging designer in a previous life) but with international shipping being so important, we wanted to be really sure of protecting the product in transit. It also has two points on the bottom of it and we were conscious any up/down movement could damage the tool bag and manual - but I think we will look into biodegradable alternatives in future.

The case is certainly reusable to store your old bridge, though. I have a couple of vintage Jazzmasters that have Tuffsets in them, and I designed the product box to be *just* shallow enough to fit inside a vintage case. So you can put your vintage / original bridge in there and keep it close to the guitar, and that way the adjustment tools and manual are handy if you should need to use them.

Cheers!

Dan
    Yes of course to using write up/images. Frankly I’d be happy to do way more photos with the proper camera if that’s useful - I have a silver JM, white Blaster and gold Jag right now… I think a couple of those are for sale, but for now they’re available for pretty pics! 

I had a feeling you must be some sort of industrial designer because the whole thing is just so well thought out. 

I’m very very happy and 99% sure this will be the only offset-bridge I’ll use going forward. And this is coming from someone whose used and enjoyed vintage style, Mustang, Graphtech, Staytrem and Mastery for various things. 
    Tuffset said:
    I designed the product box to be *just* shallow enough to fit inside a vintage case. So you can put your vintage / original bridge in there and keep it close to the guitar, and that way the adjustment tools and manual are handy if you should need to use them.
    Not that I’m surprised based on how impressed I am with the tuffset bridge, but that’s an incredible level of design detail.
    Frankly, with the patent application and everything else there have been pauses in the process bringing the Tuffset to market, so there have been plenty of idle moments to occupy my mind with the little details!
    Tuffset said:

Cheers!

Dan
    Yes of course to using write up/images. Frankly I’d be happy to do way more photos with the proper camera if that’s useful - I have a silver JM, white Blaster and gold Jag right now… I think a couple of those are for sale, but for now they’re available for pretty pics! 

I had a feeling you must be some sort of industrial designer because the whole thing is just so well thought out. 

I’m very very happy and 99% sure this will be the only offset-bridge I’ll use going forward. And this is coming from someone whose used and enjoyed vintage style, Mustang, Graphtech, Staytrem and Mastery for various things. 
    Wow I'm absolutely blown away! I couldn't ask for a better write-up and I'm just so glad you connect with the bridge and I hope it inspires you!!

I mean, it would be absolutely amazing to have more pics of this guitar and of other guitars, but don't feel like you have to!!

It's such a surreal honour to have imagined these things into the world, screwed them together and posted them off and now they're in people's guitars being enjoyed! I really can't put a price on it. Thank you, all of you, for putting your faith in us and allowing this all to happen. It's a dream!

Dan
    Tuffset said:
    Tuffset said:

Cheers!

Dan

Wow I'm absolutely blown away! I couldn't ask for a better write-up and I'm just so glad you connect with the bridge and I hope it inspires you!!

I mean, it would be absolutely amazing to have more pics of this guitar and of other guitars, but don't feel like you have to!!

It's such a surreal honour to have imagined these things into the world, screwed them together and posted them off and now they're in people's guitars being enjoyed! I really can't put a price on it. Thank you, all of you, for putting your faith in us and allowing this all to happen. It's a dream!

Dan
    Honestly it's great from this end too. I'm not a regular poster over there but I remember seeing your first prototypes of this over on OSG however many years ago (2018? 2019?) so it's so good to see all that hard work pay off with such a genuinely great product. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom