Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss IR-2

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Brio said:
    timhulio said:
    This looks great. It could easily replace the Two Notes CabM I use to demo pedals at guitar shows. The one question I have though, is why is this a pedal rather than a desktop unit? 

It's the compact pedal version of the IR-200 so if you want something more complex it's there.

If you want to step up again you go to the GT-1000 CORE.
    No  no no. IRs on the Core are  a nightmare to load and use. I envy the headphone out, but I love my Ox Stomp apart from that omission.

My view is life's too short to fart about with IRs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
    Watching the Andertons video now. Basically this is very likely to find its way to me as my elderly POD2 is starting to fail.

Can set up a nice little board up easy storage and seems to be all I would ever really need to be fair. 90% is just through headphones these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I've been waiting for a headphone cab sim that is semi decent for a while now....and under £200 too....I think this is it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    Finally a pedal that has all the features I want, maybe UAFX should take a look (bloody headphone out FFS), if the price is below £200 that makes one of the best compact IR pedal on the market!!
  • Battery power means I could use this when sat in my car whilst my kids are at random classes. Will check this out more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Stereo FX loop is a definite win for me. I think Boss have nailed it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2900
    edited November 2023
    The manual only mentions iOS device support, I'd hope it works with Android too as it ticks every other box for me. The demos sound better to me than anything I've heard from the GT series, maybe it's the proper IRs vs the Boss AIRD cabs.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Home run for Boss methinks 
  • Andertons demo sounds mega
  • This could be a cracking machine for home recording. Lighten the load on the computer!
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5516
    Is it actually an amp though? Could it drive an unpowered cab or would it need an FRFR powered cab?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    DiscoStu said:
    Is it actually an amp though? Could it drive an unpowered cab or would it need an FRFR powered cab?

It's not an amp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely considering one of these, looks like you get way more for your money and all the features that people were crying out for with UAFX and the Iridium. 

I need a headphone practice solution and a back up for the amp. These will sell like the hottest of hot cakes.
  • The Mesa model on the Andertons demo sounds absolutely fantastic....I'm pretty shocked how good it sounds. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    This is going to be on all our pedalboards isn't it?  Cabsim, practice tool, DI, headphones and all for £180?!

Actually might get one before the year's out and keep my non-stop gear purchase going! lol
  • This is going to be on all our pedalboards isn't it?  Cabsim, practice tool, DI, headphones and all for £180?!

Actually might get one before the year's out and keep my non-stop gear purchase going! lol
    If I didn't have a SuperBlock US, I'd be very tempted!
  • usb-c playback is a great feature for practice. Hook your phone up with backing tracks, drum loops or play along. Tidy package.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 853
    edited December 2023
    Quick question for those more technically aware than me.

For live use, could this output to a splitter box?  One output going to the desk for FOH and the other to a powered FRFR/power amp & speaker?
  • So should you treat this like an amp, and put effects pedals before it, or in the loop?