Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vintage Hollowbody Guitars

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• spir4Lspir4L Frets: 89
    The best hollowbody bargains out there are still Guild Starfires I reckon. I got my ‘64 Starfire II for something like £1,300 a few years ago. That ship may have sailed. 
    I agree, I would say Guilds in general, including X-150, X-175!

@Jazzy_Jake has a couple of them if I am not wrong :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 302
    spir4L said:
    The best hollowbody bargains out there are still Guild Starfires I reckon. I got my ‘64 Starfire II for something like £1,300 a few years ago. That ship may have sailed. 
    I agree, I would say Guilds in general, including X-150, X-175!

@Jazzy_Jake has a couple of them if I am not wrong :) 
    Aforementioned ‘64 Starfire And a ‘73 S100 Carved here. Those won’t be going anywhere. Think I got the S100 for £600 and a Seagull brand (!?) acoustic guitar. Ridiculous how historically cheap vintage Guilds have been. 
  • Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 133
    @spir4L Yes indeed! I have a USA X-150 which so far is the best archtop I have ever played, and also some of the Newark Street models, which are nice but less refined to play.

For USA Guilds in general, the level of care and craftsmanship seems to be very high and models made before the 90s usually have the Guild humbuckers which everyone goes nuts about (unfortunately my X-150 just has Fender made HBs but to me they are an acceptable PAF type of sound).
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 63
    Love my 64 starfire ii, wasn't great condition but 1000 pounds 8 years ago.