SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB- Good Quality Lightweight 335 Style Guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• snowblindsnowblind Frets: 472
    I have an Epiphone dot which looks to be about 7lbs on the nail. Great guitar for what it cost and although the pickups are not what you'd call light and airy it works well with a bright amp. You could pick one of these up for a relatively small figure and make a few mods. Ought to get you where you want to be.

The Epi is a feather compared to a Les so I guess it is all relative. 
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3969
    edited January 6
    Richtone are selling a 7lb 3oz T484 for £1149:

https://richtonemusic.co.uk/eastman-t484-thinline-classic/

• Obviously individual taste is paramount but The Ibanez JS10 John Scofield models look great guitars for the money. Peach have a nice looking one on their site. 7lb 13oz in “old money”. £1204.99
  • SammySammy Frets: 130
    I’ll plug the Reverend Airsonic. I think the pick-up requirement has been addressed. Revs always come in on the lighter side too. 

Never been keen on Reverend guitars have had a couple in the past, plus looks nothing like a 335 shape! ;)
    Thanks for the info. Looks a nice guitar, just checked the brand out and there are quite a few for sale and all reasonably lightweight just under 7llbs. Will have a look on some videos and reviews and if okay will see if i can find one a bit nearer to try out!

After looking at the videos etc and then talking to the person, went down Whistable to try it and bought it.
     Absolutely lovely guitar, nice lightweight and better than the FGN Masterfield MSA HP which I bought online but sent back and better than most Gibson 335's I have previously tried or have had. Not quite as good as the Chris Eccleshall I sold, but hey it's about a fourth of the cost and much lighter! ;)

These Seventy Seven guitars are amazing for the price and the build quality is as superb, so glad you recommended it to me!  Many thanks :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3969
    That’s one of the ‘Tune up’ series isn’t it? Made in Indonesia but still excellent. Glad you like it. It looks lovely.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3966
    Congrats, @Sammy . Where did you see others for sale? I'm after a nice lightweight semi too.
    Deadman said:
    That’s one of the ‘Tune up’ series isn’t it? Made in Indonesia but still excellent. Glad you like it. It looks lovely.

From when I started looking at these on YouTube etc, whilst they sort of imply they are made in Japan, from viewing a person in the USA who demos various guitars and has done lot of Seventy Seven's and really highly rates them, he could not find out, via all his contacts etc, where they are actually built! Whilst they are definately hand finished and set up in Japan, he believes the parts are made elsewhere and then put together in Japan by their craftsman. Whatever he says, and I can confirm since getting mine, they are superbly built and are as good, if not better than most standard Gibson 335's for less than half the price!

Lebarque said:
    Congrats, @Sammy . Where did you see others for sale? I'm after a nice lightweight semi too.

This was the only one with humbuckers that I could see for sale in the UK, all the others for sale, which you can order are direct from Japanese Dealers.
    Though there is one for sale, the same body shape etc on ebay in the UK, but with P90's from a UK dealer. It would appear it has been up for a while, as probably like me and most of us, had never heard of Sevent Seven before, so wouldn't have taken a second look. So if you don't mind P90's, I don't particularly like them, but would go for if you like them, plus you could probably get it for a better price if you made him an offer. Haven't checked but am sure there must also be some videos of the guitar with P90's!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3966
    Sammy said:
    Lebarque said:

This was the only one with humbuckers that I could see for sale in the UK, all the others for sale, which you can order are direct from Japanese Dealers.
    Though there is one for sale, the same body shape etc on ebay in the UK, but with P90's from a UK dealer. It would appear it has been up for a while, as probably like me and most of us, had never heard of Sevent Seven before, so wouldn't have taken a second look. So if you don't mind P90's, I don't particularly like them, but would go for if you like them, plus you could probably get it for a better price if you made him an offer. Haven't checked but am sure there must also be some videos of the guitar with P90's!
    Cheers, mate. Gotta be PAFs for me too I think.