Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I'm loving this strat variant.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisus said:
    OK so the general vibe/consensus that I'm getting is that we all love it!

I don't hate it, though on the same token I wouldn't say that I love it either, I like it - there's a number of things I knew I 'd want to change on it before I'd even looked up the specs, enough that it's making me seriously consider getting my first relic finish guitar, albeit a partcaster.  I'm not into vintage electric guitars, especially vintage specs, and it's rare to see a guitar with modern specs with a relic finish, and to me it doesn't look half bad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7846
    I'm curious to know how many of us would go back and edit our comments that express an outright distaste for the guitar if @axisus now announced that he had bought the guitar.  :)
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1465
    edited December 2023
    BillDL said:
    I'm curious to know how many of us would go back and edit our comments that express an outright distaste for the guitar if @axisus now announced that he had bought the guitar. 
    Provided nobody was rude to the OP by suggesting he must be a tasteless twat for liking such a thing, I don't see the problem in people expressing their views about the guitar. Personally, I dislike the faux "Western" aesthetic of the guitar – especially the shotgun cartridge knobs. It looks like something that wouldn't be out of place in Peach's saloon bar showroom. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4266
    edited December 2023
    I'd prefer a reverse headstock, different knobs (I really hate those current ones), and the volume pot needs to move too.

Other than that, I quite like it... although I think if I took it to a gig I'd look like I was trying too hard...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    It is a bit of a mash-up.
    And why, after all of that effort, did they just do a squared corner cutout for the humbucker?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    If you ever get booked to play the Grand Ol’ Opry, but they want you to do Eruption… that’s the guitar for the job, right there. :)
    axisus said:
    OK so the general vibe/consensus that I'm getting is that we all love it!
    I love a Strat with a Floyd, and I like the Sambora Strat (never played one though) and I don’t mind relics, so in theory this should be right up my street - but there’s something about that doesn’t hang together somehow.

But I’m glad it exists, because I’m all for trying new things in the guitar world. I don’t have to like everything  :)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23760
    One thing which intrigues me about Paoletti guitars is the use of chestnut wood reclaimed from old wine barrels.  I like to imagine they smell really nice, but they probably don't.
    Philly_Q said:
    One thing which intrigues me about Paoletti guitars is the use of chestnut wood reclaimed from old wine barrels.  I like to imagine they smell really nice, but they probably don't.
    How come you never hear of that the other way around? Making wine barrels and railway sleepers out of reclaimed guitars?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RichAC said:
    Philly_Q said:
    How come you never hear of that the other way around? Making wine barrels and railway sleepers out of reclaimed guitars?
    I think maybe that's what they did with what was left of those Firebird Xs.
    prowla said:
    It is a bit of a mash-up.
    And why, after all of that effort, did they just do a squared corner cutout for the humbucker?
    Glad to know I'm not the only person with an aversion to square-cornered humbucker cutouts!  They seen very old-fashioned.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    BillDL said:
    I'm curious to know how many of us would go back and edit our comments that express an outright distaste for the guitar if @axisus now announced that he had bought the guitar.  :)
    Ho ho! I don't think anyone would. I think that you need to frame a post in the right way from the offset if you don't want to be offended by reactions. You can't really complain if you come out with that statement afterwards. If someone posts their 'new' guitar I will never give a negative opinion, however on a thread like this it's fine to let rip, it makes no odds to me if everyone hates it.

I was expecting around 30% to like it to be honest, my tastes don't exactly align with this forum when it comes to guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’d defo buy it if it attracted swarms of orianthi’s
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7846
    edited December 2023
    axisus said:
    ..... on a thread like this it's fine to let rip, it makes no odds to me if everyone hates it.
    That's good.  I think it looks shite.  I hate the look of old charred whisky barrels or old waxed victorian floorboards around a hearth. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    BillDL said:
    axisus said:
    ..... on a thread like this it's fine to let rip, it makes no odds to me if everyone hates it.
    That's good.  I think it looks shite.  I hate the look of old charred whisky barrels or old waxed victorian floorboards around a hearth. 
    We could never be lovers ....
    edited December 2023
    BillDL said:
    axisus said:
    That's really the only aspect of them I do like.  They body woods and - to a lesser extent - the scratchplates and hardware give them an air of musty old wine cellars and pirate ships... they look like (fake) antiques, rather than relics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 642
    It has quite a few parts that I like individually, and could be the basis of a nice guitar. But all together, no...
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 976
    Surprised no one's yet mentioned the fretboard markers that look like glitter stars
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    I like it a lot apart from the pickguard - more the irritating and pointless two-part-ness, rather than the material - and I’m not sure about the knobs. Easy enough to fit a nicer one-piece one (with rounded pickup cutout corners) though.

I normally don’t like heavy relics, but this one does actually look more like art done with fire.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

AlbertC said:
    Surprised no one's yet mentioned the fretboard markers that look like glitter stars
    Look again.  It has been compared with the Richie Sambora signature Strat.