Headless string retainer question

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    edited January 28
    Just to add that i purchased one of the Brass head pieces from ali and for £11 it's amazing !

A few more macro images HERE

Crazy the amount of detail in the unit id be happy with it at x5 the cost, each of the string holes is reduced in size and both the locking grub screws for each sting are rouned over to allow them to contact with the string as nase of the channel, the only mod i will be making is to tap the mounting holes and cut some caps for the top so i can bolt it down the from the rear of the headstock (I might also spray it black with heat bonded stove spray so it better matchs the all black bridge unit im using)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    Gizmo said:
    Just to add that i purchased one of the Brass head pieces from ali and for £11 it's amazing !

A few more macro images HERE

Crazy the amount of detail in the unit id be happy with it at x5 the cost, each of the string holes is reduced in size and both the locking grub screws for each sting are rouned over to allow them to contact with the string as nase of the channel, the only mod i will be making is to tap the mounting holes and cut some caps for the top so i can bolt it down the from the rear of the headstock (I might also spray it black with heat bonded stove spray so it better matchs the all black bridge unit im using)

After you posted here I got one too, the quality is amazing…my bridge is black and ai would like to spray mine black too, whats the process you propose on yours?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    paulnb57 said:

After you posted here I got one too, the quality is amazing…my bridge is black and ai would like to spray mine black too, whats the process you propose on yours?

On my last self cut headpiece (also brass) i used a Brass Black soultion i got from ebay then clear coated with 2k

That worked pretty well but it's more charcoal black rather that black black, i've tried standard car 1k sprays on brass in the past and they just ended up peeling off and never seemed to bond to the surface fully...

This time around im going to try some Stove heat spray which you bond/cure with heat, i've used this on my workshop log burner & a BBQ in the past with great results, i'll try a heat gun to flash it off on this headpiece,i think it will still need a clear coat but "should" be blacker than the brass black method...i'll post my results and/or fails here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom