Plant based chips?

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well if we're going down that road, what's the point of language at all?  What kind of world do we want to live in?  One where words sometimes mean what they mean and sometimes don't?

Words describe things.  If the words you are using do not easily convey what you are trying to say, you're not using the right words.  Pick more appropriate words.

It's not brain science.

I think his brain just exploded.

Or what do you call this furry thing on the microphone?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    Emp_Fab said:
    Well if we're going down that road, what's the point of language at all?  What kind of world do we want to live in?  One where words sometimes mean what they mean and sometimes don't?

Words describe things.  If the words you are using do not easily convey what you are trying to say, you're not using the right words.  Pick more appropriate words.

It's not brain science.

is it Plant Based?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24647
    Emp_Fab said:

It's not brain science.

A chinchilla.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24647
    If something says "plant based" then the main ingredient has to be plant.  Everything else is just weasel-talk to attempt to justify the ridiculous suggestion that it doesn't have to be.

A vegetable chip fried in beef dripping, blood and minced kittens is still plant based.  Plant: noun; an organism belonging to the vegetable kingdom. Based: verb; founded (one definition).

"Plant Based" is not a marketing term to my knowledge, unlike "hot dog" or "chinchilla microphone", therefore it has to be read literally.  "Plant Based" means based on plants !!

A chip is BASED on plants.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    Emp_Fab said:

"Plant Based" is not a marketing term to my knowledge
    Your knowledge is wrong.  It is a marketing term used specifically for people who eat Plant Based diets.  It helps that it doesn't have the same negative connotations as vegan.  It is all marketing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5129
    Emp_Fab said:
    If something says "plant based" then the main ingredient has to be plant.  Everything else is just weasel-talk to attempt to justify the ridiculous suggestion that it doesn't have to be.

A vegetable chip fried in beef dripping, blood and minced kittens is still plant based.  Plant: noun; an organism belonging to the vegetable kingdom. Based: verb; founded (one definition).

"Plant Based" is not a marketing term to my knowledge, unlike "hot dog" or "chinchilla microphone", therefore it has to be read literally.  "Plant Based" means based on plants !!

you do have a history of getting the wrong of the stick and then holding on for dear life. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2575
    edited January 10
    Plant Based should actually mean that the chips live in a town called Plant
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5129
    and re: gluten free chips. 

presumably people are aware that many frozen chips and frozen roast potatoes are coated in flour? Indeed  think Burger King used to do that. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Yeah you've got to either find ones that aren't, or buy ones with a specific gluten free label which will cost you triple what a normal bag would cost.
    Gluten free food in the 2000s was vile as well, I don't know about now.
    edited January 10
    Emp_Fab said:

The ability to admit being wrong is a sign of strength, not weakness.

Btw, the furry thing is call a Deadcat. 

A Hotdog isn't based on dogs either, so why does a chip has to be based on a plant, because we all know, unless you do not, and have not been paying attention and have not read what we have said many times in this thread, or just plain stubborn like that fake tan, election denying idiot across the pond, that a chip is traditionally made with animal fat.

A Plant Based Chip denotes that this version is not made the same, not made in the traditional way.

edited January 10
    I mean is it that hard to understand?

A Potato is a plant - FACT
    A Chip is a processed food - FACT

To turn Potato into Chips, you need OIL + HEAT + Potato - FACT

A Chip  in this country is traditionally made with animal fat - FACT

Therefore one who buys chips  (without any other description) would expect it is made with animal products.  As you cannot have chips without oil, see FACT above.  It is like if you are allergic to seafood, you do not go to a chip shop to buy chips, because you know they cook fish in the same oil.  It doesn't need to tell you that, we all know it.   So if a chip shop says these chips are free from fish....you don't think fish is growing with the potato in the ground, do you? Or may be Emp does!  

Same thing with Plant Based Chips.  

It is only a 2-ingredients product.....It's not rocket science is it? 

• This thread is hilarious.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    If you're disagreeing with Emp then you should write to Burger King because they're taking the same stance as him with the Plant Based Whopper cooked in cow fat.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356

Call me old school, but microphones on SLR cameras are just plain weird  :)
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9997
    Reverend said:
    Emp_Fab said:

you do have a history of getting the wrong of the stick and then holding on for dear life. 
    Is this an actual literal stick that is being held on to
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 356
    Reverend said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Is this an actual literal stick that is being held on to
    Is a chip on the shoulder plant based?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378
    The way Emp Fab's mind works is hilarious.
    FTFY

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    how dafuq is this thread still going?!?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

And of course, bisto has been veggie for decades
    Not the good stuff

Emp_Fab said:

It's not brain science.
    What’s quite poetic here is that the word “chip” has about 8 different meanings in the English language 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom