SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS CU22 refin (+ more also sold)

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10916
edited February 8 in Guitars £
New year, new cull

SOLD Gibson Les Paul Special 2020 Cherry

First up is this Gibson Les Paul Special from 2020, part of the revamped back-to-basics range when thing-face took over. I've only played it around the house. It's a really nice bit of mahogany but it is just sitting in its case. I don't really have any use for P90s and I don't want to ding it. Probably the nicest neck pickup sound I've had though.

I swapped in an aluminium tailpiece with steel studs. The factory tailpiece and studs are in the case. I also converted to 50s wiring by moving the tone caps to the middle lugs of the volume pots. So it's a little closer to custom shop spec, and fully reversible. I also polished the fretboard smooth with a polishing pad because it was a little rough from the factory

All the factory bits and bobs are in the case. There are a couple of little scuffs on the case.

It weighs 6lbs 13oz on my bathroom scales

The little blue dots in the photos are the depth sensor on my phone camera. I think it's called that.

£1100 + 30 insured shipping

Price drop to £1050 + post

Expand the spoiler for more pics:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    edited February 2

PRS CU22 - 2002 - Core Model (Refin) - Wide Thin

I got this of @RevMatt here on the forum. This is the original listing which describes it in more detail than I would be able to.

It's basically a core model PRS with 22 frets. It's been refinished and sympathetically modified

Pickups are non-original but PRS, a Vintage Bass and HFS set. I've reinstalled the five-way factory pickup selector and given it a good clean. I also got a proper PRS trem arm for it. The backplate and control cavity plates are also non-original. Some of the lacquer is lifting at the edge of the fretboard at the top end. I think this is normal for a guitar this old anyway

On the other hand, you get a proper PRS Core Custom 22 which looks, plays and sounds as good as any other, for S2 money

So if you want pristine and original this isn't it. But if you want a player's guitar for nearly half the usual then this might be for you

Please ask any questions if you're not sure about anything. Happy to take closer photos etc

£1150 + 30 insured shipping

Price Drop to £1100 + post

I made a video showing the condition for someone who was interested:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
    roberty said:

I got this of @RevMatt here on the forum. 
    Great looking, playing, and sounding guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 27

WITHDRAWN Price Drop Harley Benton Fusion-III HH

** it's really nice to play, I am going to keep it for now

I bought this on a whim and had intentions to mod it but never got around to it. I've ordered a 24 fret modern super-strat type thing to practice on since the stuff I'm studying uses 24 frets so this is kind of redundant.

I got the frets professionally levelled by Phil Jones in Bristol at a cost of £70, it did need work to play well. It is flawless now

These are selling on Thomann for £240 B-stock so I will be cheeky and ask the going B-stock rate. The fret job cost a third of the price of the guitar and is a real value add on a low cost guitar, as typically this is where cost savings are made

Full specs here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_fusion_iii_hh_eb_bk_b_stock.htm

To be honest it's as good as any indo factory guitar you'd get from other brands. Proper Wilkinson trem too, they are great.

Anyway

£240 posted

£220 posted

Expand for pics:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 22

SOLD Reverend Reeves Gabrels Dirtbike - Venetian Gold

This is great too but not being played. I need to feng shui

Copied from my old thread:

I used this as a backup guitar for my band. I've just bought a similar Reverend with two pickups so this one is on the block, sadly

It is a fun guitar, it's like a Kramer Baretta but set neck and Gibson scale. It's in Venetian Gold and it is gold all over

Wilkinson two point trem, ebony fingerboard, the neck reminds me of a 1964 Gibson profile, slim-ish but with plenty of shoulder. A fender player would probably call it fat. I really like this neck, one of my favourites

Reeves Gabrels signature pickup, in the JB ballpark. He's been using these pickups on tour with The Cure recently

There is one ding in the back, not sure how it got there but it's there. I've photographed this. Otherwise very clean

These are £880 new, I've accepted that I will take a bath on this one since it is off the beaten track

£500 posted

Open spoiler for pics:

RevMatt said:
    roberty said:

I got this of @RevMatt here on the forum. 
    Great looking, playing, and sounding guitar 
    Thanks. I agree. I really like the HFS pickup, wish more manufacturers would do them in that style
    edited February 1

SOLD Schecter Diamond Series Jack Fowler

I keep flip-flopping on this but I have to accept that I am more at home on chubbier necks. The neck feels great though, even to me, and the fretwork is stellar. You can get the action seriously low and the neck ruler flat without any choking or buzzing. The stainless steel frets and ebony board make for a super luxurious silky feel. The flat radius really suits the neck profile. It sustains forever as well. Really feels like a quality instrument

This has Schecter USA pickups, Pasadena neck and Pasadena Plus bridge, which I love and are in the the PAF/JB domain. The neck is articulate and clear without being weedy and the bridge balances the bark and bite elements beautifully. I would seriously consider getting a pair for a different guitar

The electrics were changed but it's back to spec now with high quality parts

Here's my old listing: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3436972/#Comment_3436972

I am dropping the price again

£550 posted

Price drop £520 posted

Here's an up-to-date pic, I've just strung it up with a fresh set shred-friendly of 9's:

Reserved 
    Reserved
    Reserved
    Reserved
    Bump
    Dirtbike sold 
    Price drop on Harley Benton
    Bump price drops

Schecter Jack Fowler added
    Bump. Please don't make me put these on Facebook lol
    Bump. Harley Benton withdrawn, price drop on the Schecter
    Les Paul Special sold 
    Schecter sold
    Video added
  • Hi roberty.

I'm interested in the PRS, can you let me know what lacquer was used in the refin (if you know this was done before you got it) and tell me if the dark line between the two halves of the maple cap running from the tremolo to the strap button is stain from the refin.

Cheers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom