SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS CU22 refin (+ more also sold)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
    Hi @naustin261 - I owned the CU22 before Roberty, and the refinish was commissioned by the owner prior to me, the details of which were unfortunately not passed on. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:
    Hi @naustin261 - I owned the CU22 before Roberty, and the refinish was commissioned by the owner prior to me, the details of which were unfortunately not passed on. 
    No worries. Thanks for letting me know.
    Just browsing the web, and came across this site: http://wilkesguitars.co.uk/ ;
    Don't quote me, but I'm fairly sure this was the guy that did the re-finish - probably 80% confident.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10916
    edited February 8
    RevMatt said:
    Don't quote me, but I'm fairly sure this was the guy that did the re-finish - probably 80% confident.
    Interesting. It's a very good job, I wouldn't know it was a refin. I wonder if the neck was masked off, the serial looks legit and the lacquer lifting on the fretboard edge looks authentic too lol. The only non-PRS parts now are the backplates and the nut as far as I can tell (and the paint obviously)

I've had a few people contact me who are nervous about the condition, I would say the guitar is not the one for you have those sorts of doubts. I will be happy to keep it if the right buyer doesn't come along. Just been a bit on-and-off with the skinny neck, and I have too many guitars
    It is a great guitar that plays well, looks good and sounds great - as you say,not one for the purists, but a great way into core USA PRS world at S/SE prices.

Interestingly the wide thin neck was also the reason I moved it on, I replaced it with a CE that is wide fat and it just suits me a little better.
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    roberty said:
    RevMatt said:
    Interesting. It's a very good job, I wouldn't know it was a refin. I wonder if the neck was masked off, the serial looks legit and the lacquer lifting on the fretboard edge looks authentic too lol. The only non-PRS parts now are the backplates and the nut as far as I can tell (and the paint obviously)

I've had a few people contact me who are nervous about the condition, I would say the guitar is not the one for you have those sorts of doubts. I will be happy to keep it if the right buyer doesn't come along. Just been a bit on-and-off with the skinny neck, and I have too many guitars
    It really is an amazing job on the refinish. One of the nicest PRS’ that I’ve seen - balances the ornate and not-too-garish perfectly!

If I made a sale, I’d have it off you in no time. Not have it off with you…but hey, if you open up trades…

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RevMatt said:
    It is a great guitar that plays well, looks good and sounds great - as you say,not one for the purists, but a great way into core USA PRS world at S/SE prices.

Interestingly the wide thin neck was also the reason I moved it on, I replaced it with a CE that is wide fat and it just suits me a little better.
    Funny, I got a fat neck CE from Squealing Pig but they had misdescribed the neck profile online and it was also thin. They arranged a courier collection for its return and there was no drama, so I would recommend them. I've ended up with an Ibanez AZ which has a thin but chunky feeling neck (it's basically square) and 24 frets
    bobacco said:

If I made a sale, I’d have it off you in no time. Not have it off with you…but hey, if you open up trades…
    Ha, it might be slow at the moment but not *that* slow :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Boromedic has done some detective work and figured out (pun not intended) that the guitar was Whale Blue when it left the factory