rip CDs without a compute

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 269
    Rocker said:
    Currys have a laptop for £170 (refurbished,1yr warranty) add an external drive £25. It’s not the answer you’re looking for but I’d be surprised you could get an all-in-one CD ripper to mp3 on external USB thing for much less than £200 if it exists. 

EAC (exact audio cop) has access to a database for naming the songs before they’re ripped

Recently bought this drive & seems solid so far

EAC on my computer, no longer has the database link it had when I first installed it.  It might be possible to reinstate it or add the address of another database, if so please let me know what address it is at.  Now when I rip a CD [to FLAC] I manually type in the song names and use MP3TAG [a free app] to 'attach' a scanned image of the CD album cover to each track.  A bit slow but it works as I like to see the album cover on my iPad when I play the tracks.

Thanks.
    Interesting, what version are you on? I’ve used it within the last couple of weeks with no issue. 

I used to write out batch files of names then run LAME to name & tag them. Kids today wouldn’t understand 

MP3TAG is also amazing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 269
    Rocker said:

EAC on my computer, no longer has the database link it had when I first installed it.  It might be possible to reinstate it or add the address of another database, if so please let me know what address it is at...

So, checking EAC website, freedb.org closed in 2020 so they released v1.6 looking at gnudb.org and I presume that has been working since. Perhaps look for a local security restriction or firewall that's blocking access to gnudb? Or re-install?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom