Rockboard LED Dampers - for your excessively bright LEDS

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1133
    impmann said:
    Its funny... I'm old enough to remember a thread about LEDs being too dim back in the day. 

I guess it depends on how dark your stages are (or bedroom is) but unless you are staring straight at your pedalboard all night (I'm looking at you Shoegazers) its a bit of a first world problem, nes pa?

I had a blackout edition of the JHS lucky cat - gloss black text on matte black enclosure - and the LEDs were insanely white and I had no idea what any of the text said when it was on, I was having to turn it off and try to memorise the layout for when it was switched on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    Hi Alex, I am old enough to remember when kit got "field tested" to ensure it was fit for purpose!

Dave.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited February 22
    Boss should do something about the blue light on there Boss Waza Craft tuner.
    Its so bright it masks what your looking at.
    There are packets of Light Dims stickers available for audio equipment that have overly bright leds.
    lots of places sell them.

https://www.onbuy.com/gb/p/lightdims-original-strength-light-dimming-led-coversdims-50-80-of-light-same-product-different-package~p59009201/

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    ecc83 said:
    TJT1979 said:
    I've heard that a drop of glue from a hot glue gun works well. Not tried it though. 

Well perhaps but if you read as many equipment reviews as I do you will know that once in a while this problem is cited and it can be a nuisance when the intensity of the LED 'blinds out' the settings on the equip
    Either I'm misunderstanding your comment, or perhaps you're not understanding mine. 

I agree that on a dark stage it can be an issue, and that there appears to be a trend to go increasingly brighter. I have heard that an easy (and reversible) solution is to use a hot glue gun and put a drop of glue over the LED, to diffuse the light. But I've not tried it myself.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    "Either I'm misunderstanding your comment, or perhaps you're not understanding mine. "
    Always a possibility ^ I am just saying that over bright LEDs are a design error.

Dave.

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1133
    ecc83 said:
    Hi Alex, I am old enough to remember when kit got "field tested" to ensure it was fit for purpose!

Dave.
    I can only dream of such a world!