Thin body electrics?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• rhinofeetrhinofeet Frets: 127
    Have a look at ibanez s classics. They have the same thin body with a 3 a side headstock and wraparound bridge. I use one when travelling and it is really comfortable to play. Often come up on eBay cheap too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    There's a Danish guy trading as Moar Guitars who makes some fantastically thin instruments.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25109
    JerkMoans said:
    There's a Danish guy trading as Moar Guitars who makes some fantastically thin instruments.

Also fantastically small, judging by the apparent size of his hand relative to the guitar.  Presumably the picture was taken by an estate agent.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3494
    edited January 29
    Thanks all. 
    I had a day off today so went to Richtone music for a play on a few things. 
     Strangely the Flying V was the worst, the upper V forced my arm too far forwards, the explorer was better and with a modified playing position I could get away with it. 
    SG , no didn’t work again the upper bout got in the way. 
    An EVH Wolfgang was comfortable as I can have the butt of the guitar in my elbow and it felt great, sadly didn’t like the neck. 
    The surprising winner (though not in the looks department) was this 

So obviously not getting one as it’s even more metal looking than my Ibanez.  It did play well and sounded good but , look at it!
    the trip was a surprise. The things I thought would work didn’t and it turns out the body doesn’t need to be thin it just needs the bridge to be close to the butt of the guitar. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^^ Schecter Avenger is it?
    Philly_Q said:
    ^^ Schecter Avenger is it?
    Yes it is. Should have said really 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    How thin is thin, my thinnest is about 40mm thick with contours.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 691
    The S series Bob has now you are I believe sub 20mm at the edges
    Just remembered I have one of these at home waiting for a restoration!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @jasonbone75  thanks for that I just snapped the battery cover on my set and it won’t stay on lol. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    grungebob said:
    @jasonbone75  thanks for that I just snapped the battery cover on my set and it won’t stay on lol. 

Mine only works with a piece of cardboard strategically jaffed in the battery compartment. They are accurate enough but you wouldn't enter them into a toughness contest
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    grungebob said:

it turns out the body doesn’t need to be thin it just needs the bridge to be close to the butt of the guitar.
    Rickenbacker 400/600 series have that too.

Also Hamer Specials, some Gibson Les Paul Specials, and possibly PRS 22-fret models (not 24s).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    grungebob said:

it turns out the body doesn’t need to be thin it just needs the bridge to be close to the butt of the guitar.
    Rickenbacker 400/600 series have that too.

Also Hamer Specials, some Gibson Les Paul Specials, and possibly PRS 22-fret models (not 24s).
    Or most Music Man guitars.
  • What about some sort of headless guitar? There's nothing behind the bridge at all on them, and due to the shape there are usually a few ways you can rest them on your leg.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 705
    Just spotted this from a Japanese builder – Westfield Guitar Craft. Evidently too thin for strap buttons!

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Damn, sucks about the v. I was going to say the Harley Benton V I have is incredibly light and not hugely thick, and since playing it having to adjust when sitting with it between my legs classical style I've found it super comfy. 

Hope you find something mate
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Gretsch Bikini.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I've always wanted to buy an Ibanez S but I know after I play one I wont be able to go back to my Teles, Les Pauls and Strats because they'll probably feel so massive to play. 
    I've always wanted to buy an Ibanez S but I know after I play one I wont be able to go back to my Teles, Les Pauls and Strats because they'll probably feel so massive to play. 
    Thanks all some thing to consider there. 

@LionAquaLooper strangly they don’t. They just feel like less comfortable less elegant things. 
    Whilst the S isn’t exactly to my liking style wise the comfort and sounds are definitely my thing. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32391
    I'd suggest Rickenbacker 600 series too. They are pretty thin, but they're also tiny, it honestly feels like playing a squash racquet.