War on Drugs - RAH

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• dannyboy82dannyboy82 Frets: 153
    Awesome gig! I was up in the cheap seats but thought I saw him using a tele for some songs? Did my eyes deceive me?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5563
    Awesome gig! I was up in the cheap seats but thought I saw him using a tele for some songs? Did my eyes deceive me?
    Nope, one or two for sure. Can’t remember seeing it before ever, but I think he has a LOT of guitars so must have to rotate some in and out!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    edited July 13
    Yep white Nash Tele on something around the halfway point but I honestly don’t remember which song - poss Up All Night? I’d definitely seen a pic of him with it before, but he obviously doesn’t use it often.

Red LP with Bigsby on the Petty cover, his old favourite AV65 Jazzmaster for Oressure and others. White Falcon on Strangest Thing & others. And 2 white Strats - one was a Squier; I assume a JV model. 

I do wonder if the guitars were partly influenced by a desire not to bring a load of vintage stuff to Europe - no sign of the Firebird, 335, SG, LP Deluxe or vintage Jazzmaster. I can’t complain too much when everything sounded so good though. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ah cool, I was about 8 pints in by that stage but so didn’t fully trust my recollections:)
    So good though, the third time I’ve seen them live and definitely the best so far. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5563
    Yep white Nash Tele on something around the halfway point but I honestly don’t remember which song - poss Up All Night? I’d definitely seen a pic of him with it before, but he obviously doesn’t use it often.

Red LP with Bigsby on the Petty cover, his old favourite AV65 Jazzmaster for Oressure and others. White Falcon on Strangest Thing & others. And 2 white Strats - one was a Squier; I assume a JV model. 

I do wonder if the guitars were partly influenced by a desire not to bring a load of vintage stuff to Europe - no sign of the Firebird, 335, SG, LP Deluxe or vintage Jazzmaster. I can’t complain too much when everything sounded so good though. 
    He did bring a lot of the vintage stuff last time - no Firebird and no Jaguar iirc but the SG Jr & LP Deluxe were at the O2. Not sure about the JM, perhaps you recall? Wonder if they had some customs hassles or something. 

As you say seriously doesn’t matter much. Cool guitars but I’ll listen to him playing a Hello Kitty Squier very happily. 

Did you happen to clock his back line? I noticed no Swart this time, at least not prominently or visible from where I was sitting. 
    One thing that really struck was how much fun they all looked to be having. So many grins and glances etc between everyone - absolutely fantastic to see
    There was definitely some kind of tweed in there. Not sure if Fender or boutique.
    The drummer is mental!
    There was definitely some kind of tweed in there. Not sure if Fender or boutique.
    Amps were a couple of Band Master heads, Deluxe Reverb, tweed Deluxe (not 100% it was Deluxe but def Fender), and his Alembic/Mesa preamp/power amp

The drummer is mental!
    Charlie Hall. He’s probably my favourite drummer on earth right now. You never see him go mad with technical shit but he’s got groove for DAYS
    Not my video but a great clip.

I also have some audio from a guy on Reddit. It’s not exactly Love Drugs quality but it’s good enough - ping me if anyone wants the link! 

https://youtube.com/watch?si=SxsyBs0s104O2YEC&v=Bx4KN3EWwX4&feature=youtu.be

• Wonder if they recorded it? Another Live Drugs while we wait for a new album would be awesome 
    Wonder if they recorded it? Another Live Drugs while we wait for a new album would be awesome 
    They had crowd mics all over the on, so I’d be amazed if not recording. I think they record almost everything these days.

Certainly last nights could go out with very minimal tidying up and be a very good account of where they are right now as a band 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3076
    edited July 13
    One thing about band dynamics I noticed at Liverpool, I was quite close to the front so had a good view, was at the end of every song, where there's an extended jam/solo outro, the song ended by Adam giving Charlie a little look or nod. The song would then finish at the end of the next chord progression and Charlie would wind down with drums rolls. I guess this means Adam can keep the song going for as long as he feels. 

Another thing that's great is the phased or flanged vocal effects used by Eliza on Harmonia's Dream - gorgeous. 
    One thing about band dynamics I noticed at Liverpool, I was quite close to the front so had a good view, was at the end of every song, where there's an extended jam/solo outro, the song ended by Adam giving Charlie a little look or nod. The song would then finish at the end of the next chord progression and Charlie would wind down with drums rolls. I guess this means Adam can keep the song going for as long as he feels. 

Another thing that's great is the phased or flanged vocal effects used by Eliza on Harmonia's Dream - gorgeous. 
    Yeah I noticed that too. And the whole shindig is incredibly tight despite 7 people (plus a roadie occasionally bashing a tambourine or shaker offstage) crazy effects and extended solos. 

Eliza was on vocoder for those sections. Not sure what keyboard in use or what outboard effects but it sounded great. There’s a keyboard-specific rig rundown video somewhere - sweet water I think? 

I need to have another watch of that one :) 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6220
    Been watching them on youtube. Incredible band. You must have had a blast. Think that's the largest pedalboard I've ever seen but i can believe he uses them all. Amazing playing, riffs and arrangements. And the passion they bring to it is uplifting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N5s9tfUkoA
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Just listening again the recording I had - remembering the shoutout to his friends from Shields. I'm assuming that's Sam Fender & band as I know Adam and he were together recording some stuff fairly recently. If Adam's producing Fender's new record I'll be very happy....
    edited July 15
    There's a great video of Harmonia here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMNJrcGUeRo 
    This is from the Thursday. Tele was on RED EYES :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5l1IzJ2eps