New Gibson SG Supremes

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I really like it.  Especially the fact that the jack has been moved to the side.  For those of you complaining about it having 4 frets, there is no difference between a 22 fret SG and a 24 fret SG, besides the number of frets, everything is in the exact same place in both, the neck pickup is in the exact same position on the 24 fret as it is on the 22 fret SG, the only difference is the gap between the neck pickup and neck, there is no gap on the 24 fret version.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 3037
    I had a 2016 Supreme. I think it's a shame they didn't bring back the Diablo carve body with these, to me that made sense of the flame maple top and fancy inlays on an SG:

Ultimately I moved it on fairly quickly, for me, it wasn't as special as it looked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25108
    edited February 15
    Bigsby said:
    I had a 2016 Supreme. I think it's a shame they didn't bring back the Diablo carve body with these, to me that made sense of the flame maple top and fancy inlays on an SG:

Ultimately I moved it on fairly quickly, for me, it wasn't as special as it looked.
    It looks good, but there's that "ridge" where the dished part of the top meets the bevelled edge of the body - that looks like it would be uncomfortable under your forearm, which defeats one of the best (IMO) features of the SG design.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 310
    Bigsby said:

It seems to be missing the other volume & tone controls.
    Philly_Q said:
    Bigsby said:

It looks good, but there's that "ridge" where the dished part of the top meets the bevelled edge of the body - that looks like it would be uncomfortable under your forearm, which defeats one of the best (IMO) features of the SG design.
    Might look it, but I never noticed that when playing, so nothing was defeated, other than in an optical sense. ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Bigsby said:

It seems to be missing the other volume & tone controls.
    What it missed, in common with all Gibsons I've ever played, was the most useful of all tone controls (especially with humbuckers), a bass contour control.