If you had to choose a very basic pedal set up,

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72360
    ElectricXII said:

I like tremelo, but for a typical gig I use it on 2 songs out of 45.
    This is why I prefer a basic multi-FX. Bend down and turn a knob, and the modulation section can be a chorus, a phaser, a flanger, a tremolo, a vibrato, a Univibe, or a harmoniser...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 24
    ICBM said:
    ElectricXII said:

I like tremelo, but for a typical gig I use it on 2 songs out of 45.
    This is why I prefer a basic multi-FX. Bend down and turn a knob, and the modulation section can be a chorus, a phaser, a flanger, a tremolo, a vibrato, a Univibe, or a harmoniser...
    I'm exactly with you re having some options.  Whilst I don't generally use an MFX with a guitar amp (my normal gigging set up is MFX with FRFR powered speakers) where I have to use a house amp (eg if the venue is somewhere where I need to travel light on tube/train eg London west end) then I'll use my Pod Go with just a few patches set for FX only, with no amp/cab models.

With a guitar amp, especially a tube amp, I generally prefer the immediacy and relative simplicity of stomp pedals, but to provide some extra flexibility a couple of pedals are 'multi-option' for delay & modulation. I rarely use wah and whilst I used to have a chrome plated special edition Vox V847, I sold it as it wasn't getting used.  If I need it, then I'll use an MFX. And being 'old school' I use my guitar's tone & volume too, to tone shape & clean-up.  My pedal board is pretty basic bread&butter with a tuner, compressor, tube screamer, distortion, modulation, delay & EQ - I find an EQ to be vital for tone shaping or as a lead boost. Very much budget pedals, but they do the job and as per the old adage, if it ain't broke don't fix it.  And the BCB60 keeps everything neat and easy to carry, whilst keeping me 'honest' and not tempting me to buy more pedals. I have got a few other distortion pedals but I always kept coming back to the Guvn'r II so that's the one that lives on my board now.  And the best budget pedal on there is the Behringer TO800 - it's just awesome.    

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom