NGD Tele

What's Hot
PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
Popped into the local guitar shop on Saturday as part of a silly film I'm putting together with my partners little lad. You know, the kinda eight year old pops into local guitar shop, buys a guitar, gets beaten up and guitar stolen, then Spiderman comes along to save the day...
Anyway, I had no intention of buying a guitar, but saw this on the wall, tried it and loved it. Bought it there and then, didn't even plug it in, just sounded great unplugged and felt right.
   Gonna compare it with my US performer Tele and decide which one stays and which one goes...

It's supposed to be a '62 type CIJ, not sure if it is or not, but really liking it at the moment.
‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3971
    Nice. Made in 04/05 according to the SN. Looks totally legit too btw.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
    Just playing it through the Tweedylux at work with  bit of reverb and sounds gorgeous, will try out properly midweek at the rehearsal room with some drive.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    Deadman said:
    Nice. Made in 04/05 according to the SN. Looks totally legit too btw.
    Thanks, the bridge pick up sounds like it's gonna kick ass when driven.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14841
    Take a gander into the control cavity. It is possible that a previous owner may have already upgraded the pickups. 

… then, Spiderman comes along to save the day...
    Spiderman? Given to wearing attention-grabbing outfits. Never married. Disproportionately attached to his mother. 

Oh, my mistake, that's Savileman. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    Love a good CIJ guitar.
    Love a double bound tele. 

Can see you bought it on the spot! Looking for to hearing your thoughts on which tele stays after the honeymoon period. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27892
    Nice one! This double bound MIJ/CIJs are always brilliant 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Neilybob said:
    Love a good CIJ guitar.
    Love a double bound tele. 

Can see you bought it on the spot! Looking for to hearing your thoughts on which tele stays after the honeymoon period. 
    My US performer also has Monty's '50 Broadcaster pick ups which sound great, but the resonance of this CIJ is wonderful.

Take a gander into the control cavity. It is possible that a previous owner may have already upgraded the pickups. 

… then, Spiderman comes along to save the day...
    Spiderman? Given to wearing attention-grabbing outfits. Never married. Disproportionately attached to his mother. 

Oh, my mistake, that's Savileman. 
    Thanks, I'll check it out, the neck pick up is quite tame, but sounds nice, whereas the bridge pick up sounds alive and kicking.
    Thankfully it won't be me dressing as Spiderman.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14841
    edited February 19
    My US performer also has Monty's '50 Broadcaster pick ups which sound great … the neck pick up is quite tame, but sounds nice, whereas the bridge pick up sounds alive and kicking.
    That is period correct for Alnico 3 "Blackguard" era pickups.

Gonna compare it with my US performer Tele and decide which one stays and which one goes.
    The correct Fretboard answer is that both stay.   

Failing that, keep whichever guitar puts a bigger grin on your face.

It's supposed to be a '62 type CIJ, not sure if it is or not, but really liking it at the moment.
    Fender originally nominated 1962 for Sixties-style vintage re-issue instruments because that was the year when production changed from "slab" to "round laminate" fingerboards. Thus, they could construct necks either way and still legitimately label the re-issues as '62.

Needless to say, basswood is not alder. 
    The threaded bridge saddles could be upgraded to titanium Gotoh "In-Tune" compensated types. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12628
    Was that GCS that used to be in Southsea?  Looks great I found a bound tele dug in and couldn’t couldn’t get on with them while seated but they look great.  Always liked MIJ/CIJ stuff.  
    munckee said:
    Was that GCS that used to be in Southsea?  Looks great I found a bound tele dug in and couldn’t couldn’t get on with them while seated but they look great.  Always liked MIJ/CIJ stuff.  
    There was one shop called(I think) Walker guitars, then changed to guitar centre which has now moved to Cosham.
       Bought this from Street level in Albert road, I've known Barry for years...since he worked at Telecoms in North end back in the early eighties.

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 3013
    edited February 19 tFB Trader
    That is nice. I did one like this in red flake for someone, but liked the looks of it as it was. Ended up with a red one of these a while later.
  • Great guitars. My mate has an identical one that is great to play.
    I’ve only had 30 minutes playing it lunchtime, but feels right. The basswood means it’s lighter and apparently sounds a bit darker which might suit me better as I’m used to my 335 for playing live.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1337
    Just playing it through the Tweedylux at work
    Whatever you do for a living - I want your job. 

Nice Tele btw ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    KrisGee said:
    Just playing it through the Tweedylux at work
    Whatever you do for a living - I want your job. 

Nice Tele btw ;)
    Well it was my lunch break  :).
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    Very nice, love those bound CIJ's
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 889
    So did you see spiderman or what? 
    Kurtis said:
    So did you see spiderman or what? 
    Still in the making, but he’s on his way
    edited February 23
    Took this to rehearsal last night, brilliant guitar!
    And with the Wienbrock it was just awesome. Guitar and amp are both keepers.
    2018 US Tele now up for sale.
  • Took this to rehearsal last night, brilliant guitar!
    And with the Wienbrock it was just awesome. Guitar and amp are both keepers.
    2018 US Tele now up for sale.
    Good, double bound is too nice to sell!
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.