NGD Gibson LP Special

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossi said:
    i agree about the 2014 Melody maker special .i had one and should have kept it .the 2021 LP special was great instrument .I have a Midtown but would prefer a special.
    Mine's dated 2011. Normal-size headstock rather than the usual narrow Melody-Maker one, so people think it's a LP Junior, and everything mounted to a scratch plate a bit Fender-style. It was obviously near the bottom of the Gibson range - I think they were about £500 at the time - but it just seems to suit me really well.

It's like this one 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1511
    My first ever Gibson was a 1972 55 Les Paul Special reissue.  I had no idea what I was ordering, but Special sounded better than Standard!   I still have one (though not my original), they are great guitars, but I traded mine in on A 1971 Les Paul Custom.  I stupidly traded that in, as it was not the usual heavy 70's guitar (my mate had a 64 335, and my LPC weighed almost the same as his 335).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    edited February 26
    Been playing the shit out of this thing. Put in a set of wolfetone 'mean' and 'meaner' p90s out of curiosity and it sounds even better. The stock ones aren't bad at all though. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom